Wii - bought from abroad

N

nickbrace

Heya all,

After a little advice :thumbsup:

Off to the States twice in next 2 months so was wondering with the good dollar rate if I can buy a Wii in the US?

Would it work, I am guessing power wise it would but I would need plug converter?

Games?? This is the issue I think i might have a problem, are games not the same as dvd's, ie - ntsc us and pal uk???

Thanks and so for what probably seems like a very basic question to you guys/gals!

Nick

I believe the Wii Runs at 110V and you need it to run at 240V so a convertor is needed NOT just an adaptor plug I believe

Games are region protected so you would have to buy US games as UK and Jap ones dont and wont work.

N

nickbrace

So its proably not worth it by the sound of things.

How much would a converter set me back, does anyone know?

Does anyone know if nintendo have the ESPN or Madden football game, etc - I have always had XBox so excuse my ignorance about the world of Nintendo :D

But I would be able to get games alot cheaper yeh?

steggy

Novice Member
If you get a US Wii, you'll be able to order import games from the states. And yes they will work out cheaper, even with posted added on. Not sure if you'll get stuck with a VAT charge at the post office though.

Check out maplin's website to see if they do a converter.

brain_stew

Novice Member
Be aware though that demand for the Wii in the US seems to be at rediculous heights with punters camping out for 2nd/3rd/4th shipments.