Wii Bit Bored

route666

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hate this bit after a console release- the games drought!
Initially i was wowed by Zelda + Red Steel, but now I barely turn my Wii on, except to check my messages. It was the same this time last year with my 360 becoming just a very expensive DVD player until Test Drive arrived.

I bought The Godfather: Blackhand Edition in desperation. It was one of the worst games I've ever played, so I swiftly changed it for Heatseeker, which is fun.... but I'm rubbish at it lol

Bring on Animal Crossing, Battalion Wars ii, and No More Heroes
failing that, streets of rage 2 on the virtual console would be groovy

:smashin:

I'd recommend Excite Truck, fantastic fun! :smashin:

Yeah this always happens. There's loads coming out now for the 360 but it's easy to forget how dry it was this time last year. I'm especially impatient for new Wii games as I want to see this new controller used to it's fullest! I want light sabre fights and all that. Plus, I reeeeally want to play the updated Resi 4 :D

What about joining a rental site?

You can get a free trial and you can try out some of the games that aren't worth the purchase price, I've got a dozen games in my list which will keep me occupied for a while.

It's inevitable the good games will come, simply because there's lots of money to be made. I'm hopeful smaller developers will come up with unique stuff like they do on the DS. The shoddy ports are tiresome at the moment but it will come good.

Also, the wii has the gun game market to itself, something that's always been hamstrung by the need for a pricey add-on. Can't wait for a Virtua Cop/House of the Dead game.

I'm excited about the wii's prospects and I haven't even bought my own yet.

Nintendo ought to release a hard drive for the Wii and add Saturn and Arcade sections to the Wii Shop, i'd love to play the likes of virtua racing, outrun, shining force 3, burning rangers....

Ooh, i'm excited about Resi4 on the Wii to, i bloody loved that game on the cube.

Capcom ought to remake Killer7 with the Wii-mote in mind, that'd be damn smart!

sonic rings. monkey ball £20 (great game i like it loads. wario ware. splinter cellDA. SSX blur. you could also buy gamecube games, windwaker, F-zero, theres plenty of those gamecube exclusives flying around. go on ebay and you can find some of its early years classics for a couple of quid

i've got Sonic Secret Rings, its ok, nothing special, better than the new one on 360/PS3 though.

WarioWare and MonkeyBall don't appeal to me. I dont like snowboarding games or splinter cell... i'm fussy really lol

I've got about 15 cube games, but i just want something new to play on the Wii!

I have just bought Tiger Woods and am really enjoying that at the minute, even though i am really bad at it LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got Super Paper Mario on the way. It should be here in the next few days. There hasn't been any good games on the Wii lately except for maybe Sonic. SPM has been getting pretty good reviews and I'm looking forward to playing it.:D

Did you expect otherwise?:eek:

Just because it's a Mario game doesn't automatically mean it will be good. Then there is the fact that it was originally a Gamecube game so the question arises did they actually take advantage of the Wii's capabilities. As it happens it is well done and whilst graphically the 3D parts are supposedly not that detailed overall it's a great game. I think the switching between 2D and 3D gives it a unique gameplay perspective though. It's a pity there still isn't a confirmed date for the PAL territories.

I hate this bit after a console release- the games drought!
Initially i was wowed by Zelda + Red Steel, but now I barely turn my Wii on, except to check my messages. It was the same this time last year with my 360 becoming just a very expensive DVD player until Test Drive arrived.

I bought The Godfather: Blackhand Edition in desperation. It was one of the worst games I've ever played, so I swiftly changed it for Heatseeker, which is fun.... but I'm rubbish at it lol

Bring on Animal Crossing, Battalion Wars ii, and No More Heroes
failing that, streets of rage 2 on the virtual console would be groovy

:smashin:

Gotta agree, my Wii sulking in the corner since i finished Zelda

its the same with every console, the PS3 only pulling its way through because of all the other features (for me atleast)

Yeah im getting a little bored with the Wii too.
I havent played games on it since 3 months ago, I just play with all the Wii channels, and mail.
They need to hurry up with those games.:(

Nintendo themselves never release much in the summer months, instead pushing titles back for the run up to Xmas.:(

I still enjoy Wii Sports, even if its just for the fitness aspect!

I tend only to go back for a brief bowling session.
I still can't master spin:mad:

Definate drought of good games.

Only thing i'm interested in is Mercury Revolutiuon, and that's only to get the wife interested in it.

I was tempted to get Kororpina (is that how it's spelled?) or Monkey Ball, just to get something that was unique to the Wii. I like the graphical vibrancy of Kororpina especially.

got to admit I'm bored too, Kororinpa is my type of Wii game so I'm awaiting Mercury Rising doh!! oops (Revolution)

These are the unique games that I bought my Wii for not the Excite Trucks (sorry fans) or graphically inferior FPS.

I tend only to go back for a brief bowling session.
I still can't master spin:mad:

...tell me about it, that righthand spin is a swine to master. it is possible, but it's more in the twisting of the controller than flicking your wrist. of course when you get it right, it feels great!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom