• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wii and PAL GC Pro Scan question.

locky79

Established Member
Hi aLL

Just wanted to know if the pal games will run in progressive scan on the Wii and also i would like some of your experiences if you have tried this.

I'm currently not living at home so i cant try this out as i wanted to see how RE4 would look and also the legendary F-Zero GX also Metriod and the rest :)

any one tried running their PAL games in progressive scan?

ok might be a daft question but its worth asking anyway :rotfl:

kez

Distinguished Member
pal GC games didnt have a progressive option.

you need the NTSC versions and a freeloader, which doesn't (currently) work on PAL consoles

evade

Established Member
Yep I don't think any Pal games run in progressive, but I'll tell you Resident Evil 4 looked bloomin good in 576i on my LCD, pleasantly surprised :thumbsup:

Pantera6

Established Member
pal GC games didnt have a progressive option.

you need the NTSC versions and a freeloader, which doesn't (currently) work on PAL consoles

im pretty sure i heard that if you hold down B while the gamecube loads, you will get an option to ouput in progressive scan

kez

Distinguished Member
yeah. only on games with the progressive option.

namely NTSC versions, as i said above.

if you hold B while booting a PAL game, you get a 60hz option, if you're lucky

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom