Wii and 605

signs

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi all

wheres the best plug the wii in (component cable)

i have my PS3 in HDMI

XBOX 360 vga

SkyHD - the only option for SkyHD now is via component for the video and audio with the remaining optical. (sorry thats the way i have it )

EP35 HDMI

not keen on using the front as it looks a bit unsightly :rolleyes: also can somebody please remind me on how to set this up/assign :suicide:

cheers

Rob

Last edited:
Hi all

wheres the best plug the wii in (component cable)

i have my PS3 in HDMI

XBOX 360 vga

Sky hd Hdmi

EP35 HDMI

not keen on using the front as it looks a bit unsightly :rolleyes: also can somebody please remind me on how to set this up/assign :suicide:

cheers

Rob

Rob,

Use the one of the 3 component connections for the video and the audio through the stereo inputs.

PS3 with HDMI (video & audio) - Best option.

Xbox via VGA direct to Panel and optical to the 605 - No problems there.

EP35 - HDMI (video & audio) - Best option again.

SkyHD - the only option for SkyHD now is via component for the video and audio with the remaining optical.

Plug the wii into a component input carry out the following:

Turn amp on.

Press setup.

Press 'enter' when 'in/out assign' is displayed.

Press down twice on the remote or the dial on the front of the amp (left of volume). 'Component input' should now be displayed.

Press 'enter'.

Press 'down' on remote or the dial until the correct input is selected (DVD, Game etc). (if moving an input from HDMI to component and vice versa you will have to deselect the original input first).

Press 'right on the remote or the dial until the correct component input is selected.

Press 'return' to finish.

The above procedure can be done with both the HDMI and digital inputs also.

Any problems then we can chat on Live! I'll be on tonight.

Rob,

Use the one of the 3 component connections for the video and the audio through the stereo inputs.

PS3 with HDMI (video & audio) - Best option.

Xbox via VGA direct to Panel and optical to the 605 - No problems there.

EP35 - HDMI (video & audio) - Best option again.

SkyHD - the only option for SkyHD now is via component for the video and audio with the remaining optical.

Plug the wii into a component input carry out the following:

Turn amp on.

Press setup.

Press 'enter' when 'in/out assign' is displayed.

Press down twice on the remote or the dial on the front of the amp (left of volume). 'Component input' should now be displayed.

Press 'enter'.

Press 'down' on remote or the dial until the correct input is selected (DVD, Game etc). (if moving an input from HDMI to component and vice versa you will have to deselect the original input first).

Press 'right on the remote or the dial until the correct component input is selected.

Press 'return' to finish.

The above procedure can be done with both the HDMI and digital inputs also.

Any problems then we can chat on Live! I'll be on tonight.

Thanks dunks , i may have made a mistake ,is the cable that comes with it component or composite ?

Dunks ,how would this work for the wii ? (the white crosses)

TXSR605rear-1.jpg

i don't want to have to reassign any of my HDMI inputs

Cheers

Your fine for video (component) but your audio (red/white)from the Wii won't go into those connections. They are digital coax and you usually only require one in use from one device. However the Wii has no digital output. You need to plug the red/white audio connectors into one of the red/white connectors at the bottom of the Amp. Then you need to assign the component video (in 3) to whichever input you use. I would suggest game but you may already be using this for your PS3 or xbox.

Last edited:
Your fine for video (component) but your audio (red/white)from the Wii won't go into those connections. They are digital coax and you usually only require one in use from one device. However the Wii has no digital output. You need to plug the red/white audio connectors into one of the red/white connectors at the bottom of the Amp. Then you need to assign the component video (in 3) to whichever input you use. I would suggest game but you may already be using this for your PS3 or xbox.

Thanks for that

can i assign it to AUX ?.Your right game is being used for the PS3 and vcr is being used for my Xbox :)

Got picture ,no sound though :(

Now using these and trying to assign it to AUX or is AUX a no go ?

TXSR605rear-2.jpg

Last edited:
Got picture ,no sound though :(

Now using these and trying to assign it to AUX or is AUX a no go ?

TXSR605rear-2.jpg

Use the following:

Sky via Component 1 and optical 1 and assign both to cable/sat.

WiiComponent 2 for the wii with the audio going into the 'game' stereo inputs and asign to game.

EP35 via HDMI 1 and assign to DVD.

PS3 via HDMI 2 and asign to VCR.

Xbox 360 optical into Optical 2 and assign to AUX.

Crack that an Bob's your Auntie's live-in lover!

Use the following:

Sky via Component 1 and optical 1 and assign both to cable/sat.

WiiComponent 2 for the wii with the audio going into the 'game' stereo inputs and asign to game.

EP35 via HDMI 1 and assign to DVD.

PS3 via HDMI 2 and asign to VCR.

Xbox 360 optical into Optical 2 and assign to AUX.

Crack that an Bob's your Auntie's live-in lover!

:D

i have SKYHD as HDMI from sky to Sony 3500, Audio optical into amp

i'll have a go at changing the others around

Cheers

:D

i have SKYHD as HDMI from sky to Sony 3500, Audio optical into amp

i'll have a go at changing the others around

Cheers

What about the PS3 and EP35? Surely as they can output 1080p and HD audio they should be via HDMI and because Sky is 1080i and doesn't output 5.1 via HDMI then that should be component?

Duncs

PS I have just got my HTPC back and was cracking a quick factory reset when I had a powercut. 2 hours later I'm back where I was!

thats what i did with my V+ box. wii and V+ in with component. ps3, 360 and laptop with HDMI. job done :)

What about the PS3 and EP35? Surely as they can output 1080p and HD audio they should be via HDMI and because Sky is 1080i and doesn't output 5.1 via HDMI then that should be component?

Depends which SkyHD box he has, newer ones have dropped the component output.

Duncs

PS I have just got my HTPC back and was cracking a quick factory reset when I had a powercut. 2 hours later I'm back where I was!

yep, the EP35 and PS3 are the two going directly to the amp (via HDMI). The sky HD is like i said from the hd box straight to the TV (just the sound via optical is into the amp)
the xbox is VGA and optical to the amp (again only the sound to the amp)

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom