1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiggly, curvy? sides on JVC AFT28

Discussion in 'TVs' started by VooDooChilly, Apr 7, 2002.

1. VooDooChilly

VooDooChilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anybody help me on why and how i get rid of the fact that vertical lines and the borders in 4:3 or 14:9 or not straight and keep on changing according to the picture for instance if there's the sky and a building below it then the sides curve?

cheers

2. Frankmo

Frankmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reducing the contrast sometimes alleviates this effect, but it sounds like the picture geometry is out and needs to be adjusted via the service menu.

3. Alan Philp

Alan Philp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 28 WFT1 and although it was very good out of the box, a little tweaking made it almost perfect. If you press the (i) and mute buttons simultaneously you will enter the service menu. Go to option 4 for the geometry settings, but make sure you take a note of all the settings first… in every zoom mode. Use the red zoom button to cycle though the modes and adjust each one accordingly and you must press OK to save the settings and then exit by pressing the (i) button.

Never switch off the set while in the service menu and as I already mentioned, take a note of all the settings before you make any adjustments. Also keep in mind different programmes with graphics or bright patches can create a slightly warped edge so you are looking to get a happy medium. This will also put your picture settings back to default so you will need to adjust them back to your previous settings.

4. VooDooChilly

VooDooChilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help folks

5. Frankmo

Frankmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of the best utilities for setting up the picture is contained in the Terminator 2 DVD.

If you have it, use Disc 0.01 and from the main menu, select sensory control, highlight the THX icon on the Terminator's head and you will be taken into Lucasfilm THX Optimiser. Select Video Tests and the fourth one in the sequence (you have to go through the first three) is a test grid which includes a sharpness scale and colour bar.

If you have this on your TV screen you can alter the geometry con no problemo!

Hasta la vista!:cool: