Wifi Speaker for Kitchen Diner -HK Citation 300, Bose Home Speaker 500, Amazon Echo Studio, etc?

GadgetObsessed

We currently have an Amazon Echo 8 and a Google Home Hub in our kitchen. Thought I would try both and ended up keeping the tow of them - for now.

We use the Echo mainly for music and the ability to "drop in" to other Alexa's in the house.
We use the Google Home Hub to answer questions as Alexa is pretty poor at that and sometimes for music as it gives different playlists.

Music wise we generally listen to Spotify Premium or Amazon Prime playlists and a bit of internet radio.

I am now looking to get something to replace these two devices to get better sound. I am considering one of the following options - any recommendations?:

(1) Harman Kardon Citation 300 (about £225) - has Google Assistant built in. I would buy an Alexa Input (£35) that would connect to the HK via bluetooth for Amazon music and Drop In. Having a separate Alexa input I expect would work better than having Alexa built in as I have seen that when the volume is high a device can struggle to hear your commands. Instead it should be easier if the mic is closer to you (e.g. Echo Input on the table) than the speaker is.

(2) Bose Home Speaker 500 (about £250) - theoretically has both Google Assistant and Alexa built in. However, as with all 3rd party Alexa devices that I have checked (e.g. Sonos One) it does not support some key Alexa facilities such as Drop-In - so I would still need the Alexa Input.

(3) Echo Studio (about £190) with its native Alexa and use the Google Home hub.

Any other recommendations?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

Buy 2 of those and bluetooth connect them to Alexa and position them wherever you want them to improve the soundstage beyond anything a single speaker could do.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom