Wifi LED RGB Controllers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by pls1, Mar 8, 2013.

1. pls1

pls1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking at Wifi RGB LED controllers such as the WF100 here

As I understand however they require that the smartphone (ios/android) is connected to the SSID of the LED controller not your usual wifi internet network.
    This would be a pain in the backside having to disconnect from my existing wifi network and connecting to the WF100 SSID each time I wanted to control the lights :suicide:

It seems that the company in the far east who make these devices have an upgraded model the WF400 here

I can't find it for sale anywhere yet including fleabay. Anyone know of any alternative devices such as Lightwave RF with Wifi/smartphone functionality that might do it?

2. supraTTman

supraTTman
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I agree - it is a tad inconvenient if you are usually hooked up to your router when using the WF100 & WF200 (multi-zone version). I was aiming to add the WF400 onto the product range - it has only been out for about 3 months and I don't know of anyone in the UK that sells them.

I don't think the lightwave range has RGB functionality as there are no RGB controllers on their website.

3. justy101

justy101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I believe LWRF RGB controller's are 'coming soon' they are release in parts of the far east. I think there was some info on the lightwave forum's