Wifi dropping out

borobob

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on 60 MB superhub and am constantly having to reset the superhub. I must do it 4-5 times a day.
Am running 2 laptops 3-4 phones at any one time on wifi but everything just drops out.
I have changed it to a channel that is different to any other signal that is close by and also have it set away from n.

Any ideas before I go through the torture of ringing foreign helpdesks etc?

You should put inSSIDer on 1 of the laptops or if you have Android smartphones but wifi analyser on one.
inSSIDer – Discover the Wi-Fi Networks Around You | MetaGeek
Use them to map your wifi coverage in your house to make sure you are covered and have no bad spots. You can also see channel signal strength as well so you can choose the right channel.
You should leave N on if you have items that can use it as it is less congested.

You can also see channel signal strength as well so you can choose the right channel.

That's interesting, are you saying that different channels have different signal strengths? Using inSSIDer across all the channels in my very wifi network congested area, I've not found any were significantly stronger or weaker. Best you could go for are channels with the least amount of overlap with neighbouring networks which should give you a more reliable and stable connection if not a faster one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom