WiFi dongle

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by lordzaz, Nov 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. lordzaz

lordzaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have the LG 47LD790 and require a WiFi dongle to connect to my router/home network etc.

I know LG make their own, the AN-WF100, but that is £50+ everywhere you look.

Is there a compatible model for less money that anyone knows of ? i cant find a compatibility list and my existing dongle isnt recognised by the TV

Thanks in advance :)

2. panman40

panman40
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,687
    Im sure the LG dongle is the only one which will work unfortunately.

3. Member 300569

Member 300569

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +627
    Hi guys,

just to confirm the LG Dongle is specially designed to work with LG TVs and consequently is the only one that will work
    thanks

4. bosun99

bosun99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have this dongle and it works great. I can access my all the media on my home network and it was a lot easier to set up than the book made it look. Not tried much of the netcast stuff yet. The dongle I got had been used and I want to delete the input history on the search screen on the Utube channel but cannot find a way of doing it. I know that you can use the options button to delete history and favourites but the button doesn't appear in the search screen. LG blog can you advise. Tried emailing your support office but I just keep getting a "the page you wanted is not available" when I press the submit key. Thanks

5. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Can't imagine why you would need to delete your YouTube history??!! Hehe! Sorry, the only way is to do a factory reset every time!!

Just cover up the netcast button and tell the wife it doesn't have Internet access!!! .... :)

6. bosun99

bosun99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info. As i said, it had been used and don't want the kids to get any ideas. Nice piece of kit though. i hope some more sites/channels become available.

7. yalla

yalla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an LD790 and would like to get the wifi adapter for it. I asked LG in August if AN-WF100 works with this model (it was only available from America at the time) and customer service said it wasn't.

Has anyone here hooked their LD790 up using this adapter and can confirm if it works OK?

8. Fireflye

Fireflye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Save yourself £50 and just use wired ethernet. The price of the LG dongle is obscene considering a standard 802.11g USB dongle for a PC is less than a tenner. Of course it can be a ballache to run the cable to your router, I had to drill through a wall and lift the carpet, but you only have to do it once and wired is both faster, more secure and more reliable.

9. zinger

zinger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy one overseas if you can they cost much cheaper. Got one from Netherlands for 34quid with the exchange rate incl shipping.

10. yalla

yalla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've got a cable hooked up already but it's a bit unsightly and definitely don't want to do any drilling to hide it. So it's the wireless route for us (although I go abroad a lot so that's an option to save a bit of money as I agree it's a complete rip).

Can anyone confirm it definitely works with this model though?