• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wifi connection question

Tokoloshe Man

Hi guys and gals, I have a quick question regarding my wifi connection if someone could offer any help/advice it would be appreciated.

I use the Orange/Wanadoo Livebox Wireless router for connecting to the internet at the moment, it works very well and has WPA/WEP security on it. My Xbox 360 connects to it straight away using the Official Network Adapter, I just input my settings and it worked straight away.

My DS however is struggling with it and I'm not sure why, it locates the access point ok but when I press on the connection it says that the access points security settings are not supported by the DS?

Now I have the Nintendo USB connector so I can connect using that which is fine, however im just wondering why it can't connect to the Livebox, Ive tried inputting the settings manually with no joy, any ideas?

Intya

DS doesn't support WPA encryption, only WEP. Disable WPA on the Livebox and set it to use 128bit WEP, you should get some joy then :)

Tokoloshe Man

Tried setting it to Wep only, it found the router access point ok, I inputted the WEP key but I got an error code when it tried to connect.

Tokoloshe Man

Forgotten what it was now to be honest. I'm just gonna stick with connecting via my Nintendo USB adapter as that works fine, just wondered if anyone had any ideas why it doesn't seem to want to connect to the Livebox when my 360 does no worries.

If anyone has a Wanadoo/Orange Livebox and has their DS connecting ok via it could they let me know how they did it please.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom