WiFi CCTV Cameras - recommendations?

caffineking

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone experience of WiFi enabled CCTV cameras? And has anyone any recommendations?

I am looking to cover the rear of my house following a spate of burglaries in the area where windows at the back of houses have been broken into.

Was looking to mount a wide angle (about 110 degrees) camera on the garage (which looks onto the house) and get power from the garage if needed.
I like the idea of cloud storage (or at least storage away from the cameras), together with remote viewing and movement alerts on phones. Preferably free!
Night-time CCTV capability a must, as is Motion detection at 20 feet range.

If worse happens, or if anyone comes creeping round, I would like a good quality image to be usable as evidence, so ability to recognise a face at 20 feet is a must too.

Further, I was also looking to have a single indoor camera, again with similar features as above.
Total budget around 300-350, for the indoor and outdoor camera.

I was considering the ARLO system, or the UCAM247 selecting an indoor and outdoor camera for each. Has anyone experience of these, or have any other suggestions?
I know there are a few you-tube videos for both of these systems, but hard to tell how good the picture really is with you-tube compression on their videos.

Thanks in advance...

I have just installed a couple of ucam247s from amazon. £97 each but one i bought the second internal one with the NVR as it was a saving of almost £40 on the individual prices. Very happy with it

Their outdoor camera lso has good reviews but I havent got one

1080p Full HD Wireless WiFi IP Security Camera.: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

UCam247 All-in-one Internet Home Monitoring System with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

1080p Full HD outdoor wireless WiFi security camera.: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have these front and back of my house. Easy to install and excellent to operate

Samsung SNH-E6440BN CCTV Camera

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom