Wifi Calling Problems

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ElwoodP, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ElwoodP

ElwoodP
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a pay monthly phone with Three. I don't have coverage at home, living in the middle of nowhere, but up until now wifi calling has been great. However recently it has been bugging out. My phone won't ring on most calls, but leaves a missed call. On at least 2 occasions the missed call number left is not the correct number (I have rung the numbers back and they are random people who have not phoned me - I later find out who did phone me and that is not their number). I signed up to Three specifically because they offered Wifi calling.

So I call Three technical support who tell me they cannot offer support for wifi calling since it is a service provided by my broadband provider and I should contact them. I am pretty sure this is nonsense (so long as the broadband connection is solid which it is, I have no problem with my internet connection whatsoever).

Surely I'm right and Wifi calling is a service Three is giving me which they should be offering support for? I guess it could be a problem with my phone but defiantly nothing to do with my ISP right?

2. DavidG1

DavidG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Wifi calling is dependent on a consistent wifi signal, but your are right the service is switched on and operated as part the mobile provider's contract