WiFi Calling on 30 day SIM? iPhone 7

Dave X

My phone originally supplied on Voda had wap.vodafone.co.uk in all these fields.
Might explain the no SMS over WiFi I had with my old Voda contract.

No, it would have been because Vodafone only activated the feature during the last year.

AMc

Distinguished Member
I was on Vodafone for almost all of 2021.

That article is dated from January 2021 with a quote saying Voda added the feature in December 2020 for iPhones running the latest iOS.

A Spokesperson for Vodafone told ISPreview.co.uk:

“I can confirm, we do now support SMS over Wi-Fi. Since December, it has been enabled on Apple devices supporting iOS 14 (iPhone 6S and above), on Google Pixel 3 (and above), and is being delivered to Samsung devices supporting Android 11 (with the feature being added as part of the Android update).

I'm still using the same iPhone 7 which has been on Vodafone since I got it in 2019 and have kept it up to date.

SMS over WiFi calling wasn't working when I switched from Voda to Plusnet in December 2021.

When I went back to Voxi/Vodafone today (Jan 2022) I can get SMS over WiFi.

So either Voda were holding it back from existing customers ( :eek: !) or the settings change they recommended had an effect.

I don't really care - it's been too long coming and I'm pleased it finally works!

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom