Question Wife's slot problem sorted but need final advice

I hope so! Can't wait to try it out. When you say decoupling effect, do you mean the centre from the stand?I already have some black felt furniture pads I was going to use but they're about 4 mill thick. Do you think the centres too low then?

Do you know where I can find a laymans guide to setting up the XXLS400? It has about 5 dials on the back and I literally have no clue what any of them do. I found a thread on here with people talking about it and I was like..whoah...WAY over my head!

I don´t know how high you sit, how tall you are but imagine the ideal scenario would be that all three speakers would be at same height = tweeters at seated ear height. Clearly it´s really tough with tv, but as i said use the height you have available now as you mounted the tv higher. Put the center channel directly under the tv so you can get it higher where it belongs. How you do it is up to you. Either on top of the unit with some DIY stand or the amazon center channel "feets" under the speaker on wall. And yes if you place it on top of the unit, use some pads so it won´t lay directly on it. But for me it would be too low. It´s one of the most active speaker so put some effort!

I have wroted probably 50+ times how to setup it. I think i have to start saving up one of the threads. :laugh:

- Connect cable to R (Mono) -> Denon subwoofer preout 1
- High level gain to Min (not in use)
- Lo Level gain = volume knob, set this to ~11clock before running Audussey
- Filter Out/LFE
- Frequency Max 120hz
- Phase to 0

Run Audussey but choose 3mic positions only. 1st is the money seat middle of couch usually, the two others are close to it each side. If you have couch against wall make sure the mic is about 0,5meter from rear wall. Use the cardboard stand if you don´t have tripod/boom arm mic stand!

After it has ran, check subwoofer level and report that back. Ideally it´s somewhere around -8db give or take 2-3db`s. We want to have it on the negative trim side so you can easilly tweak the sub from Denon menu and never again touch the knobs. For many the bass level is quite anemic after Audussey so it´s good to have some headroom there to tweak.

Check the 9min video how to optimize things with the Audussey setup cause you can make a mess with it if you don´t care what you do.

Excellent thanks so much for the advice, I'll look into raising the centre and will setup the sub when it comes based on your recommendations! Thanks again. Will post a pic when it's all done

All set up now, just tidying the wires up a bit before I post a pic. My sub seems to buzz gently all the time, only really notice in a quiet room but it's definitely there...is that normal?

All set up now, just tidying the wires up a bit before I post a pic. My sub seems to buzz gently all the time, only really notice in a quiet room but it's definitely there...is that normal?

Does it do it on another room in different power socket?

Does it do it on another room in different power socket?
Yes it does! It's a fairly low level electric hum from the back of the sub where the metal grille thing is. It's only noticeable when there's no other sound in the room. If you turn the low level gain up to full it's similar to that bassy hum but it comes from the back of the sub rather than the cone underneath. If it's normal I'm fine with it - just not sure if it's normal....

Pics attached of my new setup ( still need to sort the wiring out behind the wall) - I've attached the original before pic so you can see the difference. Loving it so far :) THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP WITH EVERYTHING!!!

Before.....
Before.jpg

After!
After.jpg

rears.jpg

@Unclefishboy73 if it bothers you call to BK Electronics (the number on main site) tomorrow and ask to chat with Tom. He knows the buzzing issues so if nothing helps as you will try few things he sends new amp for you. Easy to swap.

@Unclefishboy73 if it bothers you call to BK Electronics (the number on main site) tomorrow and ask to chat with Tom. He knows the buzzing issues so if nothing helps as you will try few things he sends new amp for you. Easy to swap.
Thanks I think I will do that. I'm assuming it's the case that if the sub is on (I leave it on all the time) but not doing anything as the TV is off then it should be completely silent...is that the case for you guys? I could even hear the buzzing while watching TV last night. Like I said it's low level but noticeable enough for it to be irritating - though my wife says she doesn't hear it!

Thanks I think I will do that. I'm assuming it's the case that if the sub is on (I leave it on all the time) but not doing anything as the TV is off then it should be completely silent...is that the case for you guys? I could even hear the buzzing while watching TV last night. Like I said it's low level but noticeable enough for it to be irritating - though my wife says she doesn't hear it!

It shouldn´t be heard while you watch tv. Just call there ASAP!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom