Wife's Allowing me a new tv

:laugh:

Hi All,

Currently got a Toshiba Regza 42" LCD which ive had for 5 years or so. Looking at finally upgrading and have recently been looking at the Panasonic P55VT50B which can be had for £1500.

I watch alot of sport, movies and tv series kinda stuff. Play games occasionally but not alot.

Also noticed the ST variant is £400+ cheaper.

Can anyone suggest any other TV's i can consider within this range that would possibly be better then it?

Also, I believe its down to preference regards to passive or active 3D so im sure you guys cant give me a yes or no as to what i should go for in that sense.

Cheers

gagaga

VT50 is a previous year model? We've got the ST55, a fine TV. I'd probably pay the extra for the VT in a dedicated light-controlled room, but in a lounge/general use room there's probably not £400 worth of difference.

VT50 is a previous year model? We've got the ST55, a fine TV. I'd probably pay the extra for the VT in a dedicated light-controlled room, but in a lounge/general use room there's probably not £400 worth of difference.

The reviews for the VT50 on this forum are all positive and gets the "reference" status. Do you mean this model Panasonic TX-P55ST60B ?

Im going to go tomorrow to view/demo some.

Last edited:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
JFRTDI said:
The reviews for the VT50 on this forum are all positive and gets the "reference" status. Do you mean this model Panasonic TX-P55ST60B ?

Im going to go tomorrow to view/demo some.

Speaking to ********@TPS he hold the VT50 above the ST60.

Speaking to ********@TPS he hold the VT50 above the ST60.

Well the reviews for the vt are phenominal. The only issue ive read is about banding etc. My mum has a panasonic plasma and the colours on that are superior to my lcd. Not new models though. I must admit i have read some reviews where ppl just could not justify the extra for the vt. However i have £1500 to spend so that is not an issue for me. I want the best possible one i can get for my money.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
JFRTDI said:
Well the reviews for the vt are phenominal. The only issue ive read is about banding etc. My mum has a panasonic plasma and the colours on that are superior to my lcd. Not new models though. I must admit i have read some reviews where ppl just could not justify the extra for the vt. However i have £1500 to spend so that is not an issue for me. I want the best possible one i can get for my money.

I would try and get a demo. Are you near Manchester? At TPS they have them all on display :)

I would try and get a demo. Are you near Manchester? At TPS they have them all on display :)

In bolton. Theres a few places that have them in stock such as richer sounds and simply electronics. Juat wether thay have them to demo fullly. Will check tps out now

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
JFRTDI said:
In bolton. Theres a few places that have them in stock such as richer sounds and simply electronics. Juat wether thay have them to demo fullly. Will check tps out now

There all set up calibrated to the best can perform at tps so its an even playing field for each tv to show what its really made off.

Ok nice one, sites abit hard to find the address, do you know it or know what parking is like?

Also need to view the passive/active side of things as seems alot of ppl prefer passive.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
JFRTDI said:
Ok nice one, sites abit hard to find the address, do you know it or know what parking is like?

Also need to view the passive/active side of things as seems alot of ppl prefer passive.

Adress details are here...
http://www.tps.uk.com/tps/home.html?choice_id=3&tab_id=1
If I remember rightly there is some on street parking and Im sure a car park near by.
They are an advertiser on the forum so you can PM TPS or ********@TPS for parking details etc.

Cheers.

Is their a time when we as tv buyers get too hung up in reviews, black levels and all that as i was in a shop today looking at a panasonic led and imo it was better then a panasonic plasma.

I mean for £1500 id expect a pretty good tv for my money, so why are ppl so indecisive on making a choice like myself lol.

I know what ppl recommend as the beat plasma currently on offer for £1500 but out of interest what is the best led for that price on offer from panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom