1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wifee lost in HC space bought NSDV99

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by PIGGINPIG5, Dec 29, 2003.

1. PIGGINPIG5

PIGGINPIG5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all your advice in December. This system is absolutely fantastic, amazing, brilliant - the sound is awesome !! My hubby is dead pleased with it.

Just one problem as always - here it is - I have wired up SKY to VIDEO to TV then NSDV99 to SKY - great, everything working but can't get picture up for DVD when put into this mode (tried pressing AV buttons not no avail!!). So if I unplug the scart from the SKY for the NSDV99 and put into TV, it works great, but can't get SKY picture up if we want to watch movie on SKY, sound yes but no picture!!

I have a funny feeling I am missing something here like a lead, why does SKY work when its plugged through there and no picture when it is plugged into tele????:confused: :mad: One thing though, I am going to buy a multi-scart as everytime we need to swap the scart around, I have to unplug the PS2 from the tele !!:mad: PLEASE, PLEASE advise on what it is I need to do. Many, many thanks.

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Here's a possible solution;

One of these;

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/prod...pc+catalogue&category_name=&product_id=276553

Plus one of these;

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/prod...pc+catalogue&category_name=&product_id=252502

How this would work is by connecting both the home cinema system and the vcr to the skybox's 2nd/vcr scart socket simultanously. The video and audio output of the sky scart would be redirected to go to the vcr so you could record from sky onto a video tape. The home cinema's rgb picture would go into the same scart socket. To view videotapes you would need to either use RF/aerial connection or use a second scart lead if the vcr has two scarts and the tv has two scarts.

Alternatively don't buy anything extra and simply tune in the vcr to the skyboxs aerial output and playback recordings via aerial/rf lead. This way you don't have to connect the vcr to scart at all and the dvd can just be plugged straight into the skybox's scart. This would be mono only sound recordings though.

3. PIGGINPIG5

PIGGINPIG5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advise matie - :smashin: :D

I will have a look at this and might well have a go.