Wife looking to buy my Husband 3 new QLEDs! Need Help!

heynowbababooey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am new to this forum! My name is Alyssa and I am looking to buy my husband the QN55Q7F, QN65Q7F and the QN75Q7F for our new home. I notice on Samsung's website today they just discounted the 75" with "Now through only 8/13" for $4,499 previously from $4,999 (yesterday's price). Will the price go back up to $4,999 on 8/14 or is this just a marketing tactic? Appreciate any feedback as I am looking to buy at the best possible pricing. We move into our home late September!

3 QLED tvs?! Are you sure, that your husband wants qled? Maybe OLED?
There are different types of TVs for different viewing situations, you should dig deeper before buying.
Naming few:
Lighting options, how dark room
Viewing angle
Distance
Etc

To answer your question, generally the price will continue dropping until Christmas but it may go back up for a few weeks at a time. For example consider what last year's equivalent did on Amazon US:
Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) (B01C5TFNSM)

So they might go back up on 14/8 but if they do they'll likely go even lower in September.

As citywalker says though, Samsung's Q series LCDs don't seem to be the best choice based on initial reviews. Why does he want that instead of something like a Sony X940E?

Thank you Endless I appreciate your response. He likes the QLED because its well priced compared to the Sony and the difference from what I read is marginal? Now of course he would really love the LG OLED 75 but that's too expensive.

Thank you Endless I appreciate your response. He likes the QLED because its well priced compared to the Sony and the difference from what I read is marginal?

Which Sony? The companies are taking different approaches so both have strengths and weaknesses making it hard to decide exact equivalents. As a starting point Rtings reckon Sony's X900E scores equal or better than the Q7F:
Samsung QLED Q7F/Q7 Review (QN55Q7F, QN65Q7F, QN75Q7F)

I'm not US-based so it's hard to be sure, but the 75" X900E appears to be substantially cheaper than the prices you're quoting for the Q7, e.g.:
Amazon.com: Sony XBR75X900E 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model): Electronics

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom