Wife’s 40th ideas

Got my wife a birth year Rolex for her 40th, not as ludicrously priced as you might think and several year on, she loves it as much as the day she got it.

What about an I-O-U for a weekend trip to Paris (I recommend the Terrass Hotel in Montematre) for next year, mayber book fit around her 41st (obviously book it later in 2021 once you know how the land lies in terms of COVID).

In the meantime you could book her a facial or nody massage at a local spa/salon but check reviews of the place recently for how they are dealing with COVID rules. She may also have a place she goes for these sort of things so you may already be able to check that out.

Finally you could try and make a meal she would like when she is out so when she comes home she can relax and enjoy a nice meal made by you where she has not had to lift a finger....

That sounds like a sweet deal to me....

Just a thought of the top of my head

What about an I-O-U for a weekend trip to Paris (I recommend the Terrass Hotel in Montematre) for next year, mayber book fit around her 41st (obviously book it later in 2021 once you know how the land lies in terms of COVID).

In the meantime you could book her a facial or nody massage at a local spa/salon but check reviews of the place recently for how they are dealing with COVID rules. She may also have a place she goes for these sort of things so you may already be able to check that out.

Finally you could try and make a meal she would like when she is out so when she comes home she can relax and enjoy a nice meal made by you where she has not had to lift a finger....

That sounds like a sweet deal to me....

Just a thought of the top of my head

Snigger snigger.

Sorry, the gifts are covered. It’s what’s to do on the day I’m stuck with.
Mostly great ideas so far. :D

or nody massage at a local spa

:)

Noddy.jpg

Well she loves eating out, and holidays, hence the thinking outside the box. :D
Not too worried about gifts but something to make the day a bit special with the restrictions of Covid lockdown.

Picnic at Bernard Castle?

Sorry, the gifts are covered. It’s what’s to do on the day I’m stuck with.
Mostly great ideas so far. :D
Obviously you should start they day by taking her breakfast in bed, whilst dressed like this
51lBSt36I3L._AC_UY550_.jpg

During lockdown for my wife's birthday it started off with a champagne breakfast in bed. Then my daughters did a spa day for her that seemed to be mostly face masks and make-up. While that was going on upstairs my son and I tidied the house and made a meal.
I had asked a few friends to call by in their cars and since it's a local area, word got around and about 20 cars called to the house.

Twice around the Outer Circle of Regents Park in my taxi when it gets dark. ;) Special rates for avforum members.
1603545773195.png

Subscribed to this.

My wife is also 40 on the 7th December.

An Alfa coach trip to Blackpool illuminations sounds just about right. We don't know your area so can't suggest places. Just stay in and save the money in these troubled times. Watch some boxed sets.
You're all so 'blokey'

Order in a complete meal for two of restaurant standard. We did that around 4 weeks ago just to cheer ourselves up. We ordered a luxury crab and lobster dinner box. We had the crab as a starter with the supplied Asian salad and dressings, lobster main with seaweed potatoes and brocoli stems, and added a very rich chocolate ganache dessert between us as an extra. You can add other things like bread, extra lobster, langoustines or champagne. They do surf and turf boxes too. They provide all the instructions and you just put stuff on a tray in the oven to heat through or quickly cook in a pot/ pan. It's not cheap (the box plus dessert plus delivery was £66), but was absolutely delicious. The chef was in the final of Masterchef a few years ago. It was a very special treat, very much cheaper than eating that kind of stuff in a restaurant, and we would definitely order it again. The restaurant we got it from only delivers on Thursdays (can be eaten Thu/ Fri/ Sat) and Fridays (can be eaten Fri/ Sat/ Sun). It's in St Andrews but now delivers nationwide. There are bound to be places near to you that will do the similar. Haar at Home

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom