• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wierd result connecting Component to wall plate...

stevebez

Well house has Liberty RGB5C internal cabling running from upstairs where the sky+ is currently throughout the house.

I have terminated the source point of the cable with canare 75ohm phono connectors and proceded to connected the cable end to a keene component face plate using the quick connections ....

Now I tested the cable from top to bottom and there is a good ciruit in all of them, and they all carry composite no problem.

They just wont show component... what could the problem be ...?

The run is maybe 4m maximum ... using scart rgb out into js-tech component output device directly into this newly terminated cable ... its a little wierd.

I tested all the kit at the plasma site and the js box with all else and it works fine - just wont work from the source over the RGB5C - even though the cable and connections seem good...?

There are other cables in the wall box e.g. live sky feed and some other redundant cables...

andykn

1/ Have you got the "RGB5C-PVC" 200MHz cable, the "RGB5-MINI-75OHM-COAX" 400MHz cable or the "RGB5C" 1GHz cable? Not sure if one of the lower spec ones would make a difference over a short length though.

2/ Have you got another Component source apart from the converter box to try? (Most DVD players output component, so if yours doesn'tyou should be able to borrow one. Argos can be very unwittingly accomodating in this regard)

And just to confirm, you've tried the RGB out through the JS converter into the plasma not via the internal cabling and it works? Using both the upstairs and downstairs component leads in turn to connect the JS box to the plasma.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom