Wierd profile/Live problem

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by def, Apr 22, 2007.

1. def

def

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    So I've had my 360 a couple of weeks and, since starting a Live gold membership, I've run into a wierd problem.

I turn my console on and the, er, 360 "desktop" comes up. After a few seconds it loads my profile, and I can see my name and game score etc on screen.

Everything is fine so far. I can put in a game I want to play single-player on (eg: Gears of War), the game starts up and finds my profile and saved games properly. No problem there.

The problem comes when I want to go online with Live. On the 360 "desktop" there's a "Connect to Live" option which I select and click.

A grey slidey panel thing comes out from the left of the screen and tells me it's logging me into XBox live. After about 1 second it slides back off the screen, and another slidey panel comes on the right side of the screen. This one tells me it couldn't sign me into XBox Live, and asks if I want to test my connection.

So I select "Yes" to test the connection, it slides off and takes me to a purple screen. I get another slidey thing asking if it's ok to log me out of my profile so the test can be performed. I choose yes, and the tests run.

Amazingly they all work! Even the XBox Live test shows "Success". So I exit the test screen and go back to the 360 desktop. I select "Connect to XBox Live" again, and I get another slidey panel on the left of my screen saying it's looking for profiles on the hard drive.

It finds my profile, I select it and tell it to log me in.

Hey presto, it works!?!?!??!?!

So in summary, the only way I can connect to XBox live is if I turn the 360 on, test my connection, then log in again. It's not on a wireless network and there's nothing wrong with my network/firewall config, because once it's got me logged in everything works perfectly.

It's like the 360 can't quite log me in unless I test the connection first. Oddness.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. The Saints

The Saints

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have had a 360 since launch (now on my 3rd one), however i have had the same problem since they took live down a month or so ago. I have to run through the connection checks before i can log on. :thumbsdow

3. def

def

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Bizarre. Anyone else?