Wierd Problem with my LG HT305PH-DH

Glesper

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I have a problem with my DVD player. It´s an LG DVD Receiver HT305PH-DH. The DVD player is acting wierd. It won´t play some of my DVD movies.
The picture gets all pixeled and the sound is lagging, the weird thing is that the dvd player can play some dvds, often older movies below 2007. The problem does not appear randomly, even on dvd-r discs. Also, some movies won´t even start, it just spitt out the dvd discs after a short time.

I am 100% sure that there is nothing wrong with my DVD movies, I've already tried them on another dvd player.

I've been trying to do a research on what is causing this. First i tried to Clean the dvd player with an Hama DVD disc cleaner. I tried it about 5 times with no results.
Then, i´ve noticed that the dvd player was setup on region 2, so i made a multi region hack, LG5000.ZIP.
I managed to change it, and the dvd could now play other region movies such as NTSC, but it didn´t fix the lagg problem.

I've been talking to some friends of mine, and they said that it could have something to do with the DVD´s codecs, like some sort of a security shield on these movies that my dvd can´t read, and that some dvd players have to be updated or, hacked somehow to be able to read the discs.
Is this true?

Is it anything i can do to fix this problem? I would appreciate all the help i can get.

These are some of my movie that i have tested:
Transformers, (2007) pixeled and lagg PAL
Transformers 2, (2009) wont run PAL
Salo,(1976/2004) works great PAL
The sinfull dwarf, (1060 dvd version unsure 2000) works great PAL
Friday the 13th (2009), wont run PAL
Pilosophy of the knife, (2008) pixeled and lagg NTSC
Machine Girl, (2008) works great NTSC
Cloverfield, (2007) works great PAL
Léon, (1996 i think) DVD-R works great PAL
Transformers Salvation, (2009) DVD-R wont run PAL
Final Fantasy: Advent Children, (2004) works great PAL
Biggie & Tupac, (2002) works great PAL

As you can see, there is no structure here that shows why some movies works and some won´t, Although, The only thing that these movies have in common is that many of these movies is made by paramount pictures. but cloverfield is also a paramount movie. same year as transformers, 2007.

So please, can someone help me with this? i want to at least try to fix this problem before i trash it.

Cheers///Glesper

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom