1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd line shooting across screen!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Kula, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Kula

Kula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't know if there are any engineers/techies who have a clue about this issue.

Basically I have a JVC AV32T25S, bought in dec 03. I got an engineer out because of some colour purity issues. I was unable to be at home when he came round but I spoke to him on the phone when he was dealing with the TV. He did notice the purity issues and manually degaussed the set - this seemed to have slightly cleared the purity problems ( but they are still there) - he said that left as it was the set would be deemed to be within manufacturers tollerance. I got home and there did seem to be an improvement.

Anyway perhaps a week or so later while watching NTL digital a kind of bright light zoomed across the screen like a shooting star - very small probably a mm wide from left to right. This happens ocassionally - no specific pattern to when it occurs. I haven't noticed it on DVD's.

I wonder if this is anything to do with the scanning lines?

Could this have been caused by the manual degaussing? because I definately did not notice this before the engineer came. My girlfried said that that was all the engineer did ( manually degauss then left).

Oh and she does'nt notice the "shooting star" thing when it happens (typical)

I do not recall seeing this issue anywhere on these forums.

Any suggestions?

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there is a thread on the sky board here. ive had it on channel 4 and bbc1. a green flash 1mm line in middle of screen ----------------

3. Kula

Kula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it serious?

I cant find the thread - can u remember the thread title? or any search specifics ?

The light i see is white not green tho.

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Kula

Kula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Seems to be a different problem. I'm on NTL digital and my problem isnt really a line (well not a solid line) its like a wee bright light zooming across the sreen like a shooting star - I can kind of see a trail behind it but when it reaches the right of the sreen there is no sign of it on the left of the screen - if u know what i mean?

It's kind of hard to describe - incase u had'nt gathered :)

And it probably takes less than a second to go the full width of the screen.

And I am sure that it is not just in the one place - I have seen it in the middle of the sreen and in the lower quarter of the screen.

Thx for the reply m8.

6. Kula

Kula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Anyone?