1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd Feature on Toshiba Rear Projection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by gedclink, May 21, 2002.

1. gedclink

gedclink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Model is 51 wh18b

Trivial but puzzling!!

Since having the television for over 6 months, I ALWAYS have to switch the set on by pressing the power button on the front
    ( which puts it into standy ) followed by a channel number on the remote which switches the set fully on. The instruction booklet informed me this was the normal procedure.

A couple of days ago, I noticed that the television set now comes straight on when I press the front power button. You no longer need to then press a channel select key on the remote.

1) Any ideas if I have done something?
    2) Will this cause a problem with the set, i.e was the " double " power up a safety feature?

Thanks again

Ged

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can switch the tv off into standby and then press the button on the panel. When you turn the tv on again using the panel switch it will come into standby again. Maybe you just turned the tv off one night by just pushing the panel button and not putting it into to stanby first, therefore when you pushed the panel button next day the tv came straight on. Blimey Im confused now. I have the 42wh18b and i always just use the panel button.

cheers

3. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have the 42PW23P and when I push the on/off button it comes straight on unless put into standby before turning it off.