1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen TVs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ziggy, May 23, 2003.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone advise me on widescreen TVs, as im just about fed up with watching a bordered (top and bottom) screen. I have a 29 inch Sony pro-logic TV, which is about 6 years old and has been a wonderful set, but alas is now out dated and i need to upgrade. The set i've been looking to buy is a Sony KD36X200U which retails between £1700 and £2300 depending on where you go. I would be gratefull for any feedback on this particular set, as im yet to read any reviews about it. I kind of go for Sony when buying TVs and videos, but am open to any info about other makes and if they are any good. Cheers

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,427
    What the hell is this question doing in the gallery support forum ?!!!
    Moving to the TV forum.

3. Darryl D.

Darryl D.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ziggy, welcome aboard :)

I'm a newbie member myself but I've been tooling through the many forums for some time.
    You may have already used the search function for threads on your preferred Sony set but I think you have the wrong model number. I found 15 threads for the kd-36Nx200 which may be of use to you. Good luck!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Darryl D. I like the cut of your gib son, you will go a long way round here.
    Ziggy 36" sets (CRT) are few and far between Phillips Panny Tosh are the only other manufacturers Phillips using Panny tube! Personally i would go for the Tosh but the PF styling is not too everyones taste If money were no object then a Loewe would sit in my living room!
    PS what are you intending to use it with????Sky?DVD?Console?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. The only real reason i was interested to know more about the Sony was (The wife). We went to one of those big electrical superstores to look for a widescreen TV. I wanted a Plasma, but the cost and the ear bending i got from the wife out weighed my chances. So she agreed to a 36 inch widescreen (closest to 42 inch plasma i could get). Also looked at rear projection which im not keen on at all. Anyway i was interested in the KV36FS76? as i have a standard 29 inch pro-logic Sony, which has been a great set, so i was more than happy to give Sony my custom again, but when we looked at all the sets they had and the KV36FS76 the wife remarked how ugly and bulky they were, until she saw the KD36NX200. I pointed out to her the extra cost etc etc but it had a few extra features too (i think). So we agreed on that model.
    I have looked at most of the threads regarding this set and im more than happy to go out and buy one (or get one off the net).
    I also agree with the wife, that the set is very smart to look at too.

The main use for the TV will be sky digital, but i Love my films and PS2

My cinema system consists of a Lecson DVD900(which i think is good,even though cheap).Denon AVR1602,Mordaunt-Short MS302s x4, Mordaunt-Short MS304 centre and a Gale 3070 sub.

Cheers