1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen Switching and Teletext on Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Quilgy, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Quilgy

Quilgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

I am a newcomer to using SCART connections and also Sky so sorry for the newbie type questions.

I have a 16:9 TV connected to my Sky box via SCART cable. The Sky box is also connected to a VCR via SCART and happily records in widescreen. My Sky box is set to 16:9, RGB and SCART control is ON.

I don't get the automatic widescreen switching and would like to know what troubleshooting I can do to see if I can get it. Currently I have to use the TVs remote to move between aspects. I have the TV set to 16:9, but this always stretches 4:3 programming. Have tried AUTO but this only improves letterboxed content.

Interestingly I once got it to work somehow for about an hour, and never have been able to again.

On teletext, I also can't get that when watching Sky. It works fine watching analogue channels (which I never do). If I try and load teletext when on a Sky channel, it just says "no teletext". I would like to load up subtitles sometimes, so this would be handy.

On a separate note, my DVD player is also connected via SCART to the TV and does not switch either. The TV can definitely do WSS as the manual has a section on it.

Any suggestions?