Widescreen resolution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by nickb23, May 16, 2004.

1. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have a fx5600, which i am starting to use the s-video of to watch DIVX films. My TV is a 32inch Widescreen, which is setup in the display properties as 720 x 576. Is this the correct display resolution for the TV. I know with DVD, Digital TV etc, that this is the only resolution, and if it is Widescreen, the picture is squeezed (if seen on 4:3 monitor). But as this is being 'used' as a second monitor, is this still the case. Also is Nview the only decent software for mutliple monitor displays?
    Also does anyone know of any good websites with information about setting up outputs for tv's

Many thanks

NickB

2. stevieboyyyy

stevieboyyyy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well!

3. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    That is the resolution of PAL DVDs so it's unlikely that many DIVXs will be more than that (most are a bit/lot less). Most domestic, widescreen TVs in this country would struggle with any significantly higher resolutions any way so it is probably your best bet. If you want to be sure you could try some different options but I'd imagine it is as good as you'll get with SVid.

HTH
    Owain

4. Whitey1977

Whitey1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    You will have to use powerstrip to create a resolution of 1024 x 576 @60Hz and then select this in the graphics card properties. This will show the desktop correctly on a 16:9 TV in 'wide' mode.

Your DVD software and WMP will automatically show any files played in the correct aspect ratio.

If you can not get this to work, there is a work around in the divx configuration to set the output to 16:9 even though the desktop resolution is a 4:3 res.

Hope this helps

Whitey