widescreen on virgin media!!!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by JaYmE, Apr 28, 2007.

1. JaYmE

JaYmE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello

is it just me and my (pace) older ntl box that does this but even selecting widescreen on the settings menu of the new virgin media menu thats just appeared doesnt actually make the picture widescreen

i mean the bbc and some other channels a selection of programs are in widescreen like joey on five US and football matches on sky sports

but only 30% of the channels broadcast in widescreen, i know this being that most people look slightly fat!! even super models!!

any help with this? i have a LCD samsung !!widescreen!! tv connected with a gold plated scart lead to the old ntl pace black box...helppp :lease:

2. JamesG99

JamesG99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm also having trouble with the new software that Virgin has loaded into the Pace boxes.

My screen settings were set back to 4:3, but I didn't have any trouble changing it back to widescreen. When you change the setting, you have to press Select to save and close. Pressing back isn't good enough.

3. JaYmE

JaYmE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nooooo thats not what i meant i know how to use the system

the settings is on 16:9 same as the dvd recorder and xbox and they all do widescreen expect the ntl box its rare to have a program displayed in widescreen

is it just my box and should i call up or is this just the general fact that hardly any programs are broadcasted in widescreen??

4. JamesG99

JamesG99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well obviously if you're getting *some* of the programmes you watch in widescreen, there's nothing wrong with your setup!

I'm not sure what help you're expecting. If a programme isn't broadcast in widescreen format, then there's nothing you can do. If you want to make people look less fat then cycle through the picture size modes on your TV - you can preserve the aspect and lose some picture off the top and bottom.

Failing that, if everyone on the TV looks too fat, try gaining some weight ;)