Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Widescreen LCD PC monitors ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by colossal, Jul 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. colossal

colossal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any recommendations, I would like a 17” or maybe a bit bigger I just cant find hardly anything. Seems you can get an LCD TV for around £400 but there is very little if anything on the PC monitors market for that price ?

Any ideas ? Quite happy to have the same level of specification as the £400 LCD TV’s, would be nice to have no speakers as I have separate amp & speakers that I always use.

It will be used for watching DVD’s on my PC, displaying my freeview PCI TV card & acting as a second screen in my audio/video editing apps ( I already have a Matrox G500 to drive it). I have a nice IIyama for the primary monitor & I could use the not so high spec screen as the second.

Tempted to wait, surely all PC monitors will be widescreen in a couple of years.

Thanks

2. brakepad

brakepad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW is a 20" widescreen monitor that I've heard lots of positive comments about, goes for about £450. If you're really interested you might want to head over to www.aria.co.uk (be quick!) & have a look in the Super Specials section as they have them at £375 for a limited time which is a real bargain.

I have the 20" 4:3 version (the 2001FP) on my desk at work & it's superb as a monitor although I've not tested it with video. That sells for less than £350.

If you've got an extra £400 to spend Dell also do a 24" version (the 2405FPW) which looks awesome & I've considered this myself as a monitor/TV for an HTPC system.

3. petecowie

petecowie
    R.I.P.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have a 2005FPW and am more than happy with the results, bear in mind if your not going too high a resolution eg 1027 x768 many of the TVs available out there also have VGA inputs up to this resolution. eg I have a LG 17" wide LCD DVD Combo that does this.

Pete