1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen LCD PC monitors ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by colossal, Jul 22, 2005.

1. colossal

colossal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any recommendations, I would like a 17” or maybe a bit bigger I just cant find hardly anything. Seems you can get an LCD TV for around £400 but there is very little if anything on the PC monitors market for that price ?

Any ideas ? Quite happy to have the same level of specification as the £400 LCD TV’s, would be nice to have no speakers as I have separate amp & speakers that I always use.

It will be used for watching DVD’s on my PC, displaying my freeview PCI TV card & acting as a second screen in my audio/video editing apps ( I already have a Matrox G500 to drive it). I have a nice IIyama for the primary monitor & I could use the not so high spec screen as the second.

Tempted to wait, surely all PC monitors will be widescreen in a couple of years.

Thanks

2. brakepad

brakepad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW is a 20" widescreen monitor that I've heard lots of positive comments about, goes for about £450. If you're really interested you might want to head over to www.aria.co.uk (be quick!) & have a look in the Super Specials section as they have them at £375 for a limited time which is a real bargain.

I have the 20" 4:3 version (the 2001FP) on my desk at work & it's superb as a monitor although I've not tested it with video. That sells for less than £350.

If you've got an extra £400 to spend Dell also do a 24" version (the 2405FPW) which looks awesome & I've considered this myself as a monitor/TV for an HTPC system.

3. petecowie

petecowie
    R.I.P.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I have a 2005FPW and am more than happy with the results, bear in mind if your not going too high a resolution eg 1027 x768 many of the TVs available out there also have VGA inputs up to this resolution. eg I have a LG 17" wide LCD DVD Combo that does this.

Pete