Widescreen LCD Advice

K3NT

Standard Member
I am looking to get an LCD TV which is a about 20", is sub £300 and has a decent resolution. The Samsung LE19R71 looks quite nice, however even though the resolution is 1440x900, it is not HD ready... is this due to the lack of a HDMI connector? Are there any better TV's for similar money?

Secondly if I have a Cambridge Audio DVD86 could I use a HDMI to DVI cable to connect it to the Samsung TV? Will it distort if the output of the DVD is 720 and the resolution of the screen is 1440x900?

Thanks,
Leo Kent

I am looking to get an LCD TV which is a about 20", is sub £300 and has a decent resolution. The Samsung LE19R71 looks quite nice, however even though the resolution is 1440x900, it is not HD ready... is this due to the lack of a HDMI connector? Are there any better TV's for similar money?

Secondly if I have a Cambridge Audio DVD86 could I use a HDMI to DVI cable to connect it to the Samsung TV? Will it distort if the output of the DVD is 720 and the resolution of the screen is 1440x900?

Thanks,
Leo Kent

Can I suggest it is not a good idea to buy a tv that is not hd ready.

Trawl the Jan sales

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom