Wideband LNB

jhaye2x

Standard Member
Is it possible to have 2 cables running from a freesat dish with a wideband lnb incorporating a disque /combiner Sat/terrestrial for tv.i ran this last week with only 2 cables ,a combiner (sat/terrestrial)at each end.problem is i am missing a few channels .it says no stream.is it because I am only using 2 cables . One is for watching the other is for recording. It is the new freesat arris 4K box

Almost certainly you cannot combune a terrestrial aerial signal with the output from a wideband lnb as the frequencies will overlap and clash. Simplest soltion - fit another cable from aerial to room.

Last edited:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
No you cannot.

The clue is in the "wideband" bit.
$ky Q / wideband LNB IF frequencies now occupies the frequencies that UHF TV inhabit and thus the combiner-splitter will lose a pile of transponders.

Wideband LNB uses 230 MHz to 2395 MHz on each of the two H polarisation and V polarisation cables.

UHF TV uses approximately 470-700/790/850 MHz range with the higher number ranges going to mobile telephony/data in recent years.

Running additional cable(s) is the best solution to separate out the UHF TV signals. (It also reduces the signal losses/attenuation caused by such filtered combiners and splitters, so is superior on many counts.)

Or, if you want to use the filtered combiner system replace the wideband LNB with a normal LNB. (It will reduce the number of simultaneous recordings the box can do, though.)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom