Question Wide angle web feed camera

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Doc Morrow, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Doc Morrow

Doc Morrow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. I have a customer that wants to place a wide angle camera outside of his hotel to feed through to his website. I can understand why, it is a pretty spectacular view.
    I have been looking at the VIVOTEK MS8391-EV which seems to be exactly what he is looking for - he specifically doesn't want that "fisheye" effect. However, this camera is really expensive and I need to be very sure that it is the right device for the job before asking him to sit down before I give him the quote.
    My question is, has anyone had any experience with this or similar cameras and are there any alternatives?
    Thanks

2. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,613
    How about something like this 7K (30 MP) HD Pro | Avigilon -

As you are talking about a commercial application, why not establish a partnership with a security firm. An NSI Gold registered installer should be able to show you the various cameras and applications. That is how I found out about Avigilon as none of the amazon/ebay cameras provided a good enough low light image...Professionals pay professionals is my motto :)