Wide Angle Lenses, Which & Where for S7000

Maverick777

Established Member
Reaction score
Wide Angle Lenses, Which & Where for S7000 any recommendations please?

Regards Spidey

:hiya:

I have had wide angle lenses for my Fuji s602 and both canon g2 and g3 and in all honesty, the vignetting was such a problem. that after you had cropped the image to do away with the vignetting, there was no real advantage in having the wide angle attachment, however, the telephoto attachment was fine, this being said, I also had the (original) olympus wide angle lense for my olympus 3020z and it did not have any vignetting even on the widest setting, but it was the size of your average wok, and looked strange on such a small camera,...so I would check out the vignetting problem before purchasing.

Thanks for your reply. Whilst looking to see what vignetting was, I found the following:-

Vignetting is stronger at wider apertures of the lens (i.e. f/2.8), so when shooting photographs that will be later stitched together you should use a small aperture (i.e. f/8 or f/11). By the way this will give better optical quality, too.

Regards Spidey

Here is a shot that I have just taken of my hidee hole, with my Canon G3 and the wide angle lense attachment, you can see from the photo that you would have to crop the image to do away with the vignetting in the corners of the image,...and this has been the case with all of my wide compact lens add ons with the exception of the olympus.

Attachments

• vignetting.jpg
    vignetting.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 39
I read somewhere that you need to fully extend lense to avoid the ring shadow, how this effects the focus I do not know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom