Wide angle lenses and complementing filters

Baghera

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all, hope someone can help me with this.

Finally found Panasonic VW-W4607 wide conversion lens 46mm 0.7 x

The thing is I was thinking of buying some polarisation filters. Found 46mm that fits my Panasonic HDC-SD700 camcorder. BUT, what is the outer dimension once the wide angle lens is attached?? Probably not 46mm anymore. The lens looks way bigger in front on the picture, but the website of purchase doesn`t list the specs, and can`t find any info even on the Panasonic official channels.

Anyone know what the mm is on the new wide lens? On the front.

I know the RAYNOX wide lens has 52mm in back where you screw to camera which turns into 72mm in front, then your old filters are useless, so need to know before buying filters.

Thanks

The ebay equivalent lenses (about £20) have a 62mm filter thread in front of the main lens element.

I'm very pleased with my ebay 0.7 WA adaptor.
At full zoom the edges of the picture are soft - quite a nice feature if you know about it! At wider settings the whole frame is sharp.
Well made and a fraction of the price of a "real" Panasonic one.

If you look at the picture of the lens Here you can see that written around the edge of the les is '46mm' which I would say is the thread size for the lens - this would be confirmed in my mind by the name of the lens 'VW-W4607'

Mark.

The 46mm is the size of the thread on the camera where the BACK of the adaptor fits.

The front of the W/A lens adaptor is bigger than this, though the proper Panasonic one may be a different size to the ebay ones.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom