• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wicks Kitchen fitters Are they any good

Eight of Clubs

Standard Member
We are buying a Wicks Kitchen and were wondering if anyone had any experience of using the fitters they provide. One Downside is that Wicks want full payment for all the labour for fitting at the time of ordering. Is this always the case.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
There are a ton of reviews on the net for them. They use independent fitters, so that will vary massively depending on where you are in the country.

paulktreg

Established Member
There's no way I'd pay everything upfront that's unreasonable, or is it just me?

Offer them 50% with the rest payable when the job is finished to your satisfaction.

hufartd

Established Member
Same as any kitchen bathroom shop,
Their only as good as the fitter that gets allocated to your job,best bet is to find a fitter first through recommendation and then source the goods based on the fitters advice.
Anything else really is a lottery.

Some are, some aren't.

It's just the same with heart surgeons and car mechanics.

Keep your eye on them, whilst they are working at your home. Don't be frightened of challenging them, if you think they aren't doing the job properly.

And the classic retort will be, "We haven't finished, yet! Come back and check the job when we've finished."

The top tip is, that no matter what terms they want with their order in the showroom, insist that you will only give them an order if the final balance is only due and payable by you, when you have been able to check things out to your satisfaction. If they can't agree to this, then seriously, DO NOT GIVE THEM THE ORDER.

liamt

Distinguished Member
we had a wickes kitchen. one of the top end ones (real oak units sprayed cream colour). they fitted the kitchen very well but the tiling was a bit suspect. i think they were running out of time though. i certainly would have done a better job of the tiling.

we have had an issue with the ceramic white sink cracking, which was replaced and are awaiting for the tap to be replaced as it was one of those ones with a hose in that are very cool but unless you have ridiculous water pressure they are useless. our hot water literally trickles out and takes 10 mins to fill the sink. apparently our back boiler system isnt powerful enough.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom