1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wicker Park R1 Dvd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by bluesteel, Oct 19, 2004.

1. bluesteel

bluesteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    ok
    heres a new review.
    I watched this last night after seeing a few commercials for it on other dvds. The coming attraction trailers were slightly misleading in that it would appear that the film is some kind of murder mystery thriller. Nothing could be further from the truth! The film is actually a kind of love story told from many different perspectives and points of view. The story unfolds and we see how 5 people are enterwined in a kind of symbiotic love mesh. There is just enough humour and intrigue to stop me slapping power off on the projector and shouting chick flick before disappearing upstairs with a copy of razzle. My girlfriend enjoyed it and it even kept my dogs quiet. The polt twists are genuiunely well thought out although if you watch very carefully you can guess the films outcome from the onset. Josh Hartnett is slightly wooden in delivery but i would put this down to the almost stagelike cinema direction from the director/producer Paul McGuiness. The actors jettison plot development and back story for simple reaction to each event and plot twist. We are treated to much close up and facial expressions conveying lust, fright, loss and joy. Special mention must be made of the use of colour which literally flows across a screen like diluted paint in a water bottle.
    Very french in feel which is after all probably due to this being the latest in a long series of hollywood adaptations of french cinema. This story has previously been shot as "Le Appartement"
    To conclude, a great Sunday film, which will make a decent box office without breaking any windows. No idea of release dates im afraid

2. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks for the review Bluesteel.

The R1 release is scheduled for Dec 28th. :smashin:

3. bluesteel

bluesteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: