Wicked

Our Year

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A movie adaptation of Wicked is on the cards "sooner rather than later".

Universal Pictures chairman Adam Fogelson revealed during a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter that an adaptation of the popular Broadway musical remains a priority for the studio, although it has not yet been officially greenlit.

"Wicked has been an enormous win for this company. The way it works, we should be in agreement together on when the right time to do this is," Fogelson said.

"But I will tell you I believe that we are collectively moving toward Wicked coming to the screen sooner rather than later."

It was rumoured last year that Stephen Daldry, who directed Billy Elliot, had been targeted to direct the film.

Based on Gregory Maguire's novel, Wicked is a Wizard Of Oz prequel focusing on the early relationship between Glinda the Good Witch and Elphaba the Wicked Witch.

not seen the musical but it gets rave reviews

Universal's 'Wicked' movie adaptation gets a December 2019 release date in the US
Stephen Daldry will direct the musical. The Broadway show was nominated for 10 Tony Awards and won three, propelling the careers of Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, among others. Now in its 13th year, Wicked has bestedRent to become the 10th longest-running Broadway show of all time.

wicked_the_movie_by_arniearns16-d7g0eit-2.jpg

Last edited:
Lili Reinhart and Dove Cameron rumoured for Glinda The Good Witch

shutterstock_1334997242.jpg

large960_blur-ead843f72e98559b46ff642c22048831.jpg

The lady in the first pic is gorgeous. The second is more stripper territory. Not actually heard of either If I’m honest.

The lady in the first pic is gorgeous. The second is more stripper territory. Not actually heard of either If I’m honest.
First one reminds me of Chloe/Allison Mack in Smallville but the second one seems to reminds me of someone and not a stipper what ever one of them is not unless someone that that removes wallpaper from walls :rolleyes:
Dove was the psycho Ruby who chopped peoples arms off in Agents of SHIELD with the sharpened rim of Oddjob's hat:laugh: heres a better pic of her.
Dove.jpg

Looking forward to this :smashin: I got dragged to see the show in London last year, fully expecting to think it was rubbish, and really enjoyed it.

Jon M. Chu tapped to direct

Looks OK, but I don't know much of the musical. Maybe I'm not the target audience.
Took the wife to see it in NYC about 10 years ago, enjoyed it! Not a patch on Wizard of Oz but was decent. Trailer looks pretty good..1 to take the kids to see perhaps...

We watched the musical in Bristol this weekend (good husband points) 😂and it comes out on wifeys birthday, pretty sure this will be day one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom