Wich wide angle lens

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by squeeky shoes, Apr 23, 2004.

1. squeeky shoes

squeeky shoes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a sony dcr-hc85e and want one of those wide angled or a "fish eye" lens to go with it, but i haven't found much reviews on them at all.

Has anyone had some experience with a similar lens, like the ones from Sony or Kenko?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,474
    If you want an origional Sony lens then now is the time to be applying to your bank for a new mortgage :devil:
    I've never used any ad on lenses on my camcorder, but have used them on my SLR camera. I always go for the generic lenes as I refuse to pay ~£200 for a lens that I can get from another company for ~£60.
    Take a look at Keene as they have several from about £60 depending on the thread size of you cam and made by Hama (used and found to be good in the past) and Kenko (never used).

Mark.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "fish-eye" is just an extreemly wide angle lens (ie less than 0.5) and will distort everything you take through it - best choice would be between 0.5 and 0.7 - As Mark said have a look on the Keene website.