1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wich amplifier for these speakers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Keano, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Keano

Keano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got 2 Standup Jamo Silhouette speakers, and2 Jamo Compact 90 speakers, i also have 3 Sony speakers. I have a television (pretty old, but it's big and works fine), Xbox, Pc and PS2. Wich amplifier shoudl i get? Not too expensive but as long as it gets the most out of my speakers. And HOW should i connect all of it?

Thanks alot, Rob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Depends what you want the amp to do, movies, music and games?

5.1 or more.

Finaly how big is your room and do you want full sized amp or a slim line.

3. Keano

Keano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My room is pretty big, just say price doesnt matter, what should i get then? and i have no idea what the difference is between fullsized, or slimline........(amature)

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    The size thing is mainly astetic, although the full sized units have more feature and connections.

I have a yamaha 2500 which is about £500ish if bought from germany but i'm guessing that might be a bit over what your looking for.

Something like the yamaha 657 or 757 would probably do you well, good value for money (especialy from germany) are 7.1 have lots of power and feature galore.

If you like in your face sound you should go for pioneer, although people say that this can become tireing after a while, but are considered very good for movies.

Marantz are on the other end of the spectrum, more mellow and better suited to music.

Denon and yamaha are stuck in the middle, and are probably the safe choice.

The sony 795 is considered good although some people have had problems with clicking noises, I think this has been sorted now though.

Any decent midpriced anything around or over £300 will give you 7.1 and decent power and lots of features as pretty much everyone has caught up with each other with consideration for features for price.

5. Keano

Keano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot man, i'll look around and see if i can find a bargain (Y)