Wi Fi Speak solution recommendations please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by haulfryn, Feb 20, 2013.

1. haulfryn

haulfryn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really struggling to find a solution. I trawled round a load of electronics and AV stores here in Dubai last night and got no where :suicide:

Hopefully someone here can help me out with some pointers as it looks like I'm going to have to buy blind online

I have the following set up http://www.avforums.com/forums/home...ht-onkyo-tx-nr616-wharfdale-diamond-10-a.html

What I'd like to do is spread the audio from the AV reciever around the apartment so that when I'm faffing in the morning I can listen to either the radio, the music or the news in the living room, in the kitchen, in the bedroom and out side on the patio.

Audio doesnt have to be particularly high quality. If I'm wanting to 'listen' I'll do that from the ideal spot in front of the main speakers. I'd like to be able to keep track of the audio through as I move around.

I guess I need to feed the audio into a wifi transmitter of some sort and then have it picked up by various speakers around the apartment that have built in wifi receivers.

The other option I though of was to use the network cables built into the building itself. There are spare ones in appropriate locations. Would this work or are the cables just too thin? I'm not after big sound here, just continuity.

I've read about problems with senders interfering with wifi router signals. My router is in the same place as the av reciever (with a PS3, Apple TV and AV Receiver (it has network features) it makes sense to have them hardwired) and therefore in the same place as the audio sender will be.

I can purchase through shop and ship from anywhere in the US, UK or Europe.

Any recommendations or pointers gratefully received :lease:

Ian

2. spud12345

spud12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sonos or simple audio.

3. sergiup

sergiup
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,166
    As above - a Sonos setup would be the easiest and most reliable thing in your case. It won't depend at all on your AVR, it's entirely separate and in my (limited) experience almost bullet-proof.