Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

WI FI from PC to Yamaha rxv630rds

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by zippo4, Sep 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. zippo4

zippo4
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this in so forgive me if it isn't!

Is it possible to connect my Yamaha rxv630rds amp up to a Wireless network? This means I could stream all my MP3 etc from my PC upstairs to my AV setup downstairs without lots of wires cluterring up the place. I guess that any wifi network would impact on the sound quality but (purely for MP3's) I'm not that fussed in this instance?

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    My brother has a cheap notebook which he sits on top of his amp, the notebook is wireless networked to his PC upstairs and then plugged into his amp. it sounds great.

3. zippo4

zippo4
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats a good idea. I wonder if there is a cheaper bit of hardware that does the same job?

4. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    U can get dedicated "media" boxes that link to your home PC and your amp. Personally I got a "shuttle" pc (www.shuttle.com) off the classifieds here and linked that via optical to the amp. Also connect the TV-out to the amp too. The shuttle is then linked to my server upstairs via wi-fi and that allows me to watch any Divx, movies on HDD and MP3s etc directly on the TV through the amp. Best of all its sounds amazing!! Obviously you could just have all your media files on the HDD in the shuttle or whatever PC you use.

I thought this was the best option as it was half the price of some media boxes and gives an additional PC also - surf the internet on your TV! :thumbsup: