Wi-Fi connection no longer works (55UB850V)

vadimoworld

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have 55UB850V-ZD with latest software version 05.05.90

The problem I have is Wi-Fi connection no longer finds networks but ethernet works okay

• Wi-Fi connection menu in settings no longer finds my home SSID or even open network hotspot that I would create on my phone next to TV, its constantly searching for networks
  • I tried manually configuring network, but up on entering all details this takes me back to the Wi-Fi connection menu and continues to perform searching…
  • I tried WPS, this takes me back to the Wi-Fi connection menu and continues to perform searching…
  • I checked about the TV menu and I see MAC address against ethernet card but I see 0 against Wi-Fi card
  • I tried factory reset
  • I tried to remove TV back cover and installed new identical model Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card LGSBW41 and made re-connections on the wiring harness between main board and the card
  • I also tried to re-download latest software version 05.05.90 on to the USB as per LG instructions to see if I can re-flash the software but 2 USB sticks and trying all different ports it does not detect it as software update USB – I wonder if its because the TV is already on same software version
Nothing seems to solves the issue and I am not sure if this is still hardware related to the main board or software issue.

I notice when I completely unplug the Wi-Fi card, TV does not throw any errors.

Also at some point my magic remote control stopped working too which I know works off the same Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card but one button does work which is ON/OFF – I suspect this button works on the IR and once TV boots up the other buttons on the control use Bluetooth.

I want to keep the TV for some time, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi. Did you ever get a solution for this. I have same model and same firmware and fault.
Interested to find a solution.
Gary

unfortunately not, i also tried in total 2 wifi cards and still get same issue, i believe its either main board faulty or issue with last firmware update

when i asked LG for quote to resolve this, they simply quoted works + new wifi card

unfortunately not, i also tried in total 2 wifi cards and still get same issue, i believe its either main board faulty or issue with last firmware update

when i asked LG for quote to resolve this, they simply quoted works + new wifi card
I noted that version of FW was released 2019. We have had issues with magic remote for weeks now. The infrares parts work, but bluetooth did not. It came and went but today died. WiFi is linked. some noted on other models that cables may Interfere, but I could not see how on mine. Separated cable runs anyway but no change. darn nucence as tv is not that old.

Had a similar problem myself with a JVC TV. Not sure if the "fix" i did will last or if i will need to do it again at some point.
Turn TV off
Pull the plug from the mains
Wait 60 seconds
Plug back in and turn TV back on
Go straight into settings and find WiFi
Been working for a week now and not dropped out.

Wow, thought it was just mine..!!!

Wireless broken - LG49UHV668V

After 2/3 weeks of it not working after powering the TV off from the wall multiple times, all of a sudden last night it just accepted my WiFi credentials and seems to now be stable. (Nothing changed at all...)

Again, this issue appeared to coincide with getting the 05.05.90 LG update for the TV, just like the OP highlighted.

Lucky, as I was ready to bin it when my new TV arrives next month, but if this stays working and stable again then it'll be moved into my sons room.

Could be the " Wi-Fi smart channeling " from router, just too much congestion on network, not from just your good selves but near neighbors routers and their smart channeling.

I fix down my Wi-Fi channeling due to this issue on various devices, after having a look and pick the least congested.

And always good old home plug.

Homeplugs throttle bandwidth... Would take well-configured WiFi over those any day of the week..

I never use 'auto' for wifi channelling either, just pick the least congested bands available in the neighbourhood using a tool like inSSIDer. Job Done.

Just strange how this issue arose for a group of us all around the same time??

Hi - I just wanted to reply to this thread stating that I'm having the exact same issue after the latest 05.05.90 was applied. Wi-fi stuck at 'Searching..', no Wi-Fi MAC address. I replaced the BT/Wifi board just in case it was the issue, but to no avail. Can someone with a functioning TV confirm the presence/absence of a Wi-Fi MAC address when it's not connected?

Cheers

EDIT: I've unplugged my LAN cable and after a power cycle, the MAC address remained for that.

On that basis, I would expect the Wi-Fi MAC address to be present in either state.

Last edited:
I am still keen to find solution. Does anyone know how we can downgrade and get previous firmware version?

I dont think its faulty main board or WiFi card.

I am still keen to find solution. Does anyone know how we can downgrade and get previous firmware version?

I dont think its faulty main board or WiFi card.

I was looking into ways of spoofing the LG update services via other threads elsewhere. You can definitely get previous versions, but the issue appears to be that the TV itself won't allow the older SW version.

I agree regarding hardware - I believe it's neither. I've inspected the main board and not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

When my Wi-Fi on LG TV stops working no MAC address is visible under general settings. It does come back on occasions and starts working again, but usually takes months and only works for a few days.

If anyone figures out what is wrong and if it can be fixed I would sure like to find out.

When my Wi-Fi on LG TV stops working no MAC address is visible under general settings. It does come back on occasions and starts working again, but usually takes months and only works for a few days.

If anyone figures out what is wrong and if it can be fixed I would sure like to find out.
If it's intermittent, it's likely you may either have a faulty BT/Wifi module, or on some TVs which use a ribbon cable to connect it, a kink in the cable itself. Straightening out the cable has helped some in this instance. It's worth checking your TV model and seeing if yours is affected.

Hi all - there's a couple of things I want to try, but I can't find a specific beta firmware as it appears to have been pulled from the LG update sites:

starfish-dvb-secured-goldfinger-38.arches-3827-05.99.99-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

My understanding is this beta firmware is downgradeable as it lacks the security update introduced in 05.05.90. Because the version is higher, the TV should accept it. From here, you should be able to downgrade the TV to 05.05.75 (or even reapply 05.05.90) in the hope it resolves the issue.

Does anyone have this .epk downloaded that they can zip up and store somewhere for me to try?

LG 55UB850V owner here, internet problems wired or wifi.​

I get wired cable disconnected -> I've tried WIFi, but I still cannot access Netflix.
I can browse, but I cannot see more than a few seconds of any movie.
I have 4 TV LG in the house and no problem with the others.
All newer models.

Also, there is no problem if I try to access my Plex server, in the LAN via this TV, so there is NOT a simple connection problem, but I suspect is something DNS related.
I have a Pi-Hole as my home DNS.
I've deactivated for tests, but no luck.
I've even put 1.1.1.1 DNS o the TV.

So:
  • LAN access for plex is working
  • all other LG TV in the home, using the same internet connection are working
  • Internet connection (netflix, Youtube, Speed test) is not working

Software version 05.05.90
I've tried TV Reset, no luck.

Hi,

Has anyones issues been resolved?

This issue has now occurred on my TV. Both Wi-Fi and bluetooth service (magic remote) have gone. No connections can be established.

I’ve tried everything and had no luck. Before you say anything, yes I’ve restarted both TV and router.

The TV also stopped playing 4k content which is frustrating.

Model: 49UB850V-ZD
Software version: 05.06.10

Ciao,

I problemi di qualcuno sono stati risolti?

Questo problema si è verificato ora sulla mia TV. Sia il servizio Wi-Fi che quello bluetooth (telecomando magico) sono scomparsi. Non è possibile stabilire connessioni.

Ho provato di tutto e non ho avuto fortuna. Prima che tu dica qualcosa, sì, ho ria.vviato sia la TV che il router.

La TV ha anche smesso di riprodurre contenuti 4K, il che è frustrante.

Modello: 49UB850V-ZD
Versione software: 05.06.10
Ciao, stesso problema su stesso TV (49ub850V). Ho provato a sostituire la scheda wifi ed a pulire tutti i contatti interni senza risolvere il problema. Via cavo la connessione funziona. Il telecomando magico funziona solo per la parte infrarossi. Io credo che il problema sia da addebitare all'ultimo aggiornamento firmware. Dobbiamo sperare in una soluzione da parte di LG. Altri hanno risolto in qualche modo?

Ciao, stesso problema su stesso TV (49ub850V). Ho provato a sostituire la scheda wifi ed a pulire tutti i contatti interni senza risolvere il problema. Via cavo la connessione funziona. Il telecomando magico funziona solo per la parte infrarossi. Io credo che il problema sia da addebitare all'ultimo aggiornamento firmware. Dobbiamo sperare in una soluzione da parte di LG. Altri hanno risolto in qualche modo?
Translated to English (below)

Hi, same problem on same TV (49ub850V). I tried to replace the wifi card and clean all the internal contacts without solving the problem. The cable connection works. The magic remote works only for the infrared part. I believe that the problem is due to the latest firmware update. We have to hope for a solution from LG. Have others solved it in some way?

I am thinking about buying this 2. hand, but now see why an advertisment for used item, have been set for sale at a decent price. Is it possible to use the TV for monitor by hdmi 2.0 cable?

LG 55UB850V owner here, internet problems wired or wifi.​

I get wired cable disconnected -> I've tried WIFi, but I still cannot access Netflix.
I can browse, but I cannot see more than a few seconds of any movie.
I have 4 TV LG in the house and no problem with the others.
All newer models.

Also, there is no problem if I try to access my Plex server, in the LAN via this TV, so there is NOT a simple connection problem, but I suspect is something DNS related.
I have a Pi-Hole as my home DNS.
I've deactivated for tests, but no luck.
I've even put 1.1.1.1 DNS o the TV.

So:
  • LAN access for plex is working
  • all other LG TV in the home, using the same internet connection are working
  • Internet connection (netflix, Youtube, Speed test) is not working

Software version 05.05.90
I've tried TV Reset, no luck.
Hi, is it possible to use it as a monitor still in 4K connected to a pc or ps3?

Hi, is it possible to use it as a monitor still in 4K connected to a pc or ps3?
Don't see why not.. The TV has HDMI inputs (So long as the PC has HDMI outputs or you use a DisplayPort>HDMI adaptor) and you would have the option to route sound through its internal speakers when using HDMI too.

Don't see why not.. The TV has HDMI inputs (So long as the PC has HDMI outputs or you use a DisplayPort>HDMI adaptor) and you would have the option to route sound through its internal speakers when using HDMI too.
The seller just responded me and stated, that it only could be used as monitor in 720P?????
I have another 4k 3D LG I just bought 2. hand for 100 dollars and the youtube app only goes 720p and not fhd or 4k by wifi or cable and hdmi is 1,4 and not 2.0 version so that allso have big probems when used as monitor.
I need a 3D passive 4K to be used as monitor only, but see it may be a problem finding one to use as montor maybe?!
Have you connected yours to pc with no problem using it as 4K monitor?

Last edited:
The seller just responded me and stated, that it only could be used as monitor in 720P?????
I have another 4k 3D LG I just bought 2. hand for 100 dollars and the youtube app only goes 720p and not fhd or 4k by wifi or cable and hdmi is 1,4 and not 2.0 version so that allso have big probems when used as monitor.
I need a 3D passive 4K to be used as monitor only, but see it may be a problem finding one to use as montor maybe?!
Have you connected yours to pc with no problem using it as 4K monitor?
Ours is connected to my son's laptop, however, his laptop graphics card is only capable of 1920 x 1080 res so we would have no way of testing its capability as a 4K monitor.

By the way, my particular set is a slightly different model from the one to which this thread is related.

LG49UHV668V​

I replied to it because there were similarities in Wi-Fi connectivity issues between the two sets as highlighted in the thread title. That being said, our LG set has HDMI 2.0a which should be able to receive signals up to 3840 x 2160 if the source is capable of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom