Wi-Fi connection no longer works (55UB850V)

vadimoworld

I have 55UB850V-ZD with latest software version 05.05.90

The problem I have is Wi-Fi connection no longer finds networks but ethernet works okay

• Wi-Fi connection menu in settings no longer finds my home SSID or even open network hotspot that I would create on my phone next to TV, its constantly searching for networks
  • I tried manually configuring network, but up on entering all details this takes me back to the Wi-Fi connection menu and continues to perform searching…
  • I tried WPS, this takes me back to the Wi-Fi connection menu and continues to perform searching…
  • I checked about the TV menu and I see MAC address against ethernet card but I see 0 against Wi-Fi card
  • I tried factory reset
  • I tried to remove TV back cover and installed new identical model Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card LGSBW41 and made re-connections on the wiring harness between main board and the card
  • I also tried to re-download latest software version 05.05.90 on to the USB as per LG instructions to see if I can re-flash the software but 2 USB sticks and trying all different ports it does not detect it as software update USB – I wonder if its because the TV is already on same software version
Nothing seems to solves the issue and I am not sure if this is still hardware related to the main board or software issue.

I notice when I completely unplug the Wi-Fi card, TV does not throw any errors.

Also at some point my magic remote control stopped working too which I know works off the same Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card but one button does work which is ON/OFF – I suspect this button works on the IR and once TV boots up the other buttons on the control use Bluetooth.

I want to keep the TV for some time, so any help would be appreciated.

braehead

Novice Member
Hi. Did you ever get a solution for this. I have same model and same firmware and fault.
Interested to find a solution.
Gary

vadimoworld

unfortunately not, i also tried in total 2 wifi cards and still get same issue, i believe its either main board faulty or issue with last firmware update

when i asked LG for quote to resolve this, they simply quoted works + new wifi card

braehead

Novice Member
unfortunately not, i also tried in total 2 wifi cards and still get same issue, i believe its either main board faulty or issue with last firmware update

when i asked LG for quote to resolve this, they simply quoted works + new wifi card
I noted that version of FW was released 2019. We have had issues with magic remote for weeks now. The infrares parts work, but bluetooth did not. It came and went but today died. WiFi is linked. some noted on other models that cables may Interfere, but I could not see how on mine. Separated cable runs anyway but no change. darn nucence as tv is not that old.

MikeHoy

Had a similar problem myself with a JVC TV. Not sure if the "fix" i did will last or if i will need to do it again at some point.
Turn TV off
Pull the plug from the mains
Wait 60 seconds
Plug back in and turn TV back on
Go straight into settings and find WiFi
Been working for a week now and not dropped out.

IL Cattivo

Wow, thought it was just mine..!!!

Wireless broken - LG49UHV668V

After 2/3 weeks of it not working after powering the TV off from the wall multiple times, all of a sudden last night it just accepted my WiFi credentials and seems to now be stable. (Nothing changed at all...)

Again, this issue appeared to coincide with getting the 05.05.90 LG update for the TV, just like the OP highlighted.

Lucky, as I was ready to bin it when my new TV arrives next month, but if this stays working and stable again then it'll be moved into my sons room.

Heartstone

Could be the " Wi-Fi smart channeling " from router, just too much congestion on network, not from just your good selves but near neighbors routers and their smart channeling.

I fix down my Wi-Fi channeling due to this issue on various devices, after having a look and pick the least congested.

And always good old home plug.

IL Cattivo

Homeplugs throttle bandwidth... Would take well-configured WiFi over those any day of the week..

I never use 'auto' for wifi channelling either, just pick the least congested bands available in the neighbourhood using a tool like inSSIDer. Job Done.

Just strange how this issue arose for a group of us all around the same time??

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom