1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why's The Shield not on next Tuesday?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Fordy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    After tonights episode, I couldn't wait to see what happened next week. Except its been dropped for a later showing of the Lyons Den and 2 CSI's

Whats up? :mad:

2. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Ok, Looks like they've moved it to Saturday nights without notice.

WHY?

Dont do a channel whore on me and start dicking round with scheduling!

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Folks,

Channel Five have assured me that the time-change for "The Shield" (Season 3, episodes 5 through 13 inclusive) is a permanent thing.

The reason for the change, is because they feel that having it later on Saturday nights, will bring more viewers to the channel, on one of the worst nights for TV shows of the week - across the other four terrestrial stations that is.

Five already have a strong line-up of US dramas on Tuesdays and Saturdays anyway, but they wanted to maximise the line-ups, by putting another new show alongside "Law And Order: Special Victims Unit", to entice viewers to watch Five on Saturday nights. On its own, "Law And Order...." doesn't do as well as Five would like, but does do well enough for them to stick it in a prime-time slot on a Saturday night. With both this and "The Shield" being hard-hitting adult crime dramas, Five felt it might give both shows a bit of a boost, in terms of ratings figures.

Pooch