1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why???????????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have been deciding on whether to get a Pioneer AX10 or Denon A1 SR for quite a while now (see previous threads). I was going to go for the AX10 until a few members indicated the Denon was "by far" the better amp of the two. When looking through this month's (Aug 2002) issue of HCC I noticed the AX10 was at No.1 in the "gear guide" charts and the A1SR was at No.3 (even behing the A11SR). Can anyone tell me why the hell this is. I understand the A11SR is probably at No2 due to it's value for money (compared to the AX10/A1SR) but still should the AX10 really be at the top of this chart (even though it has an auto setup function, which the denon doesn't)??????????

Regards,

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Use this kind of ratings as a guideline only, not as a final judgement.
    Go listen to both and then decide for yourself.

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Reiner,
    I've had a listen to both amps briefly during a quick visit to a local dealer and I thought both amps were the same in m/channel but the denon sounded better in stereo. The only reason I started thishread was to find out if the AX10 was better than the A1 SR in any way what so ever?

Regards,

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The way I see it: neither is better, it was just rated better.

"Why?" That you need to ask the person who rated it. Don't forget, even magazine ratings are subjective in a way, perhaps the reviewer preferred the sound of the Pioneer or certain functions which the Denon does not have. Or whatever, dunno.

If you have listended to both and prefer the Denon I wouldn't worry too much but instead go and buy it!

5. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure its not the AVC1SE sitting at no3 and not AVC1SR mindyou i cant be sure because i havent got the aug issue.