Why would I need Prime Lenses?

topic .. yes i much prefer prime, however am guess zooms are essential also as second third or fourth lens, if you have one of each, then compare both @ same aperture length however make sure neither are not wide out :~)

no topic .. jim, do you know who is hierarchy @ present foto forum, there were three, i was aware, zone dave & dr

it is immense important information, because this enables which type of foto/words i can post without reprimand, new dudes maybe strict like army officer :D

Hi Ami - current Mods on the Photo Sharing and Photo Discussion forums list as "Zone"/"Senu" aka Dr/"Spyder Viewer" - but go aheead and "test the water" more fun that way :devil:

:hiya:

cool see you early hours when hierarchy sleep :D

:thumbsup:

..that's my alarm set and I won't take my sleeping pill till after 1AM :laugh:

As to the umtimate question - do you need primes.

If you dont think you do then probably you can live without them!

Many long term shooters swing between using zoom sets and prime sets and a mix of both.

But primes certainly have their place.

Primes if you want better subject isolation or better low light options (without jacking up the ISO). Everything else is personal preference and debatable (size, weight, quality).

It's also worth noting that prime lenses are significantly more robust than zooms. There is much less to go wrong, with less moving parts.

I have prime lenses that are 30 years old that are still sharper than modern zooms.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom