Question why would a tv be doing this?

Synax_Injector

Prominent Member
Reaction score
It comes and goes, so sometimes does it and sometimes fine, it kinda retains the last image down the middle of the screen, it goes after 5mins or after turning it on and off several times.

It's 9 months old and under warranty till mid march, so i finally got round to ringing them and an engineer is coming out tomorrow to look at it, but I don't want him to say it's the Xbox doing it or anything (or could it be?)

What do you think,

To me, the on-screen image looks to be part of the Netflix start-up banner. Screen burn-in is unlikely unless the TV is a plasma - you don't give any details as to make or model - but I doubt if it's your PS4 that would cause this. To me, it looks like a stuck app. What troubleshooting have you done to try and diagnose the issue?

Clem

Hi, thanks.

It's a panasonic viera LED, so shouldn't be screen burn, it changes whats there, sometimes it may be the iplayer app, sometimes netflix, sometimes just the xbox dashboard.

I don't think it's a stuck app as it does it when the xbox is turned off, even by the power which is odd.

thanks

forgot to say, when i turn the xbox on, the image dissapears, but theres still a visable 5cm line down the screen

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom