Why won't my iPhone sync!!!

quiet robert

As title really, got iphone this morning, but it will not sync through iTunes. Best i can do is get some the way through then get the message @file corrupted cannot be read' followed by 'Disc cannot be written to' then it says that it can't sync. It's the second phone i got as i took the first one back due to getting the same messages, and i can sync my iPod ok so i don't know what the problem is?

FallOutBoy

As title really, got iphone this morning, but it will not sync through iTunes. Best i can do is get some the way through then get the message @file corrupted cannot be read' followed by 'Disc cannot be written to' then it says that it can't sync. It's the second phone i got as i took the first one back due to getting the same messages, and i can sync my iPod ok so i don't know what the problem is?
Sounds very odd to me, especially as it's the second iPhone that's brought up the error message! Makes me think it might be the computer rather than the iPhone. I've never had that error with any iPhone before (and I've had a LOT of iPhone's lol) which iPhone is it? iPhone 4?

I'm assuming you're using a PC?

Before the iPhone can sync, it needs to be activated. So when you first connect it to iTunes you have to be connected to the Internet and go through the sign-up process to sign in or create an Apple ID and register the phone. I take it you've done this already, before trying to sync any data to the phone?

Strawbs

Novice Member
don't know if this is related, but ...I've recently been getting a sync error when connecting my iP4 to iTunes! The phone will sync fine if I reboot it beforehand, but not when I've been using it a while. I've also noticed it's only been happening since updating iTunes to 10.1.

try a reboot of your phone before sync'ing and see if that works.

robinhood1701

I've had similar probs recently, with my Ip4 IOS 4.2 & iTunes 10.1,
Plug phone into PC, Wxp, fully updated, iTunes runs, but then I get a failed to recognise USB Device message, yet it caused iTunes to run!
I get the feeling a phone and or PC reboot helps,
My windows installation is quite old, with alot of stuff installed,
Could be that?
But?
When I plug my iPhone in it runs iTunes?

quiet robert

It syncs to my iPod ok so i doubt the lappy's at fault, i think there was a problem at registration, i've uninstalled then reinstalled iTunes so hopefully that'll work

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom