1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't it work?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by helpneeded, Aug 16, 2005.

1. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I've taken the chance and purchased the Sammy LE26R41BDX, and I have to say, I am impressed with the normal digital tv picture.

I decided to watch a DVD on it tonight, Minority Report to be precise.

I've got a JVC TH-SW8 home cinema kit and have been impressed with the sound reproduction with it so far....

But tonight was the first time I have run the DVD aspect of the system.

I have a wireless SCART transmitter/reciever, which I plugged into the telly and home cini system, save trailing wires accross the room.

The picture on the telly, was partially good (and normal), and partially ghosting. This is obviously not pleasant to watch, so I tried using an S-Video cable instead.

Now, as you of you may notice, the home cini system doesn't have an S-Video output (wierd?!?!), however, I have a SCART connector with an S-Video input, so to put it simply, the S-Video cable is plugged into my SCART socket (confused? lol).

The other end is plugged into the telly as normal.

However, the picture is grainy, and not very clear.

Why cant I get a good picture with the S-Video cable. It is plugged in correctly, but I still cant get a good picture?

Am i doing something wrong? Should I do something to improve the picture?

Please help, as I'm sure you will all understand, its a huge let-down at the moment not ebing able to get a crisp picture!

I look forward to your advice!

2. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does no one have any comments on this???

3. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    if the dvd and tv has componet rgb then use that if not a good quality scart :smashin: