Why the phoneline connection?

J

jonniejames

seeing as sky comes through the dish why does my sky plus have to be connected to my phoneline?

is that true if so its scary big brother gone mad. i thought u could get broadband with them or something!!!!

If you check your contract with them you have to keep you line connected for the first year so that they can collect information about your viewing habits. At least that is the way I read it. Please correct me if I am wrong anybody.

In the local mall Sky are promoting and in big words no need for phone line connection, i'm in worcestershire

The phone connection allows you to purchase pay per view movies and sport. This is a big money spinner for Sky, so they want you to have the phone line connected, in the hope that you will spend more money.

It also allows them to check whether you are complying with the terms of a multiroom package, or whether you've passed your box onto someone in a different house (not allowed).

I thought you only had to be connected for 12 months too. However I received a letter yesterday from SKY saying the yhave noticed not all sky boxes are connected to the same number....... sort it out or we'll charge you 2 subscriptions

I've had multiroom 3 years

anyone else been charged 2 subscription ?

PlasmaIan said:
I thought you only had to be connected for 12 months too. However I received a letter yesterday from SKY saying the yhave noticed not all sky boxes are connected to the same number....... sort it out or we'll charge you 2 subscriptions

It's just the standard Sky installations that require 12 months telephone connection only. Multiroom subs require the telephone connection for the life of the subscription.

PlasmaIan said:

There's been at least one forum member who ignored the letters who was then charged full price for the second subscription...

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom