Why the fuss over Thomson boxes?

robfosters

Everyone seems to complain about them, but i've had mine since June 06 and have had no trouble whatsoever.

Am I alone in loving the Thomson boxes?

Starburst

Novice Member
Not everyone complains but forums like these are biased towards posts with problems and like it or not various revisions of the SKY+HD has come with a noisy hard drive, hot running internals causing an over active and noisy fan plus the usual random issues with products built to a budget.

I have no noise or heat issues with my box but they do exist.

xxTDKxx

Banned
I've had Sky HD for a month and apart from three freezes, the box has worked a dream....

I have no complaints...

KeanosMagicHat

Novice Member
Everyone seems to complain about them, but i've had mine since June 06 and have had no trouble whatsoever.

Am I alone in loving the Thomson boxes?
I think you've been lucky ....

I'm coming round to bowfer's point of view from the Pace thread;

Any sign of launch date in UK ?
I can't wait to ditch my Thomson box.
TBH,I don't believe anyone has a quiet Thomson box.
I've seen dozens and they're all noisier than they could/should be.
Just different people have different tolerances to noise.

trent steel

Hi,
Believe what you want but my box runs very quiet, you are welcome to come and listen if you live near Wakefield:thumbsup:

Thanks

Bachstrad

Novice Member
Perfect box here too! It's been running for a year now! :smashin:

I have a Thomson Tivo that I've had since UK launch (so long ago I can't remember when! :D) and that's not missed a beat either!

ATB

Max

doopydug

Novice Member
I have got a perfect thomson box been running about 4 months now.

Was quite quiet even before I upgraded to a 500Gb hard drive but it seems to be even quiter now.

KenjohnB

Novice Member
I've never had problems with noise - perfectly quiet to me. Hope I don't live to regret these words!

Had a few little niggling problems (mainly freezing and shutdown) but not very often.

Ken

BlueAstra

Standard Member
Had my HD box over 12 months. Only had minor problems. Box freeze once or twice, total sound loss 2-3 times, intermittent sound dropouts 3-4 times, excessive fan noise 1-2 times. All problems resolved by power cycling box. Sounds like a lot of issues but it was over 12 months, and nothing significant enough for me to call sky and get the box replaced.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom